Feedback on Christmas game

Merry Christmas everyone! This game was meant to be for the Winter sort. But schoolwork kept on getting in the way. I somehow managed to finish it on the day of Christmas though.

Link:
https://www.roblox.com/games/5998066582/The-Christmas-Gift-Hunt

So this game is a singleplayer game. You have to search for gifts hidden around. You can get them by doing specific tasks, doing an obby, talking to people, or they could just be lying around in plain sight.

Any feedback, criticism, or bug reports are appreciated!

3 Likes

Good idea, but executed poorly. I see potential in this game but there are a few things that you might want to work on. First of all, I feel like I’m playing a game from 2012-2014, I don’t understand the gravity-coil, the building style feels like something from 2012-2014, and the text/dialogue needs some modernizing. I hope this helps you! Good luck with your game!

3 Likes

The speed coil was basically a tool for sprinting or increasing speed. Since it would be annoying just walking through long paths or parts of the game. So maybe something like a shift to sprint or run/walk gui would work? Also what do you mean by modernizing the dialogue?

1 Like

Right now you’re using the built in Roblox dialogue, what I mean by modernizing it is to make your own Guis to build a prettier dialogue.

2 Likes

Hmm that does sound like a good idea, i might try it out tomorrow if i have enough time maybe. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

The build style does not look very appealing and it lacks a theme. I recommend using blender or learning it, if you don’t know how to use it already, as it greatly can help increase your building skills and has useful features that might be handy. Also, like I stated, the game lacks a proper theme. Most egg hunts have a theme such as the Scrambled in Time egg hunt from 2019.

Work on your building skills, and user interference skills as well. Like @Fab_TheRat said, “Good idea, but executed poorly.”

2 Likes

I’ve never used blender before, so i might give it a try as well. It is free to use right?

1 Like

Nice job. It’s got some potential! Easter will be here before you know it. Maybe think of a way to repurpose some of the gameplay and models for that (leverage some of the effort you’ve already put in).

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

It is completely free to use! It should help you increase your work flow dramatically.

1 Like

You can make script what increases player speed!

1 Like

Yeah, I agree that the build’s aren’t really that good. Although I would try to improve from those!

1 Like