Feedback on Clothes

Hello guys!
Im a regular ol’ artist trying out designing robloxian clothes. I’d like to see what you guys think about it and if its any good at all.
Also any tips to improve and if I were to open commissions does 100 robux per design sound like a reasonable price.
here are some examples C:

Thank you for all your help C:
have a great day

3 Likes

I think it’s a great start, and 100 robux per article of clothing at this quality I believe is extremely reasonable.

My advice would be to add a little more texture to the designs. I think the seem rather “flat” in some places for lack of a better word. When people see it from any angle you want them to instantly recognize that is a sweater.

Other than that, I think they look great.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the feedback, I have a hard time with the folds on robloxian clothing ill try my best to provide more contrast :smiley: ^^

I strongly disagree.

Firstly, try to make your clothing as best as possible before selling. Very often people want the greatest you can achieve. Test yourself: try to texture, experiment with shadings. Try not to stoop to the level of shading templates.

Secondly, never price your clothing as low as 100 R$ per article of clothing. I no longer sell clothing, but back when I did (circa 2015) it was 3K for an outfit. I understand much more talented designers sell for 10K–20K per outfit (or an equivalent in USD), hence the need to push yourself.

Coming to mind, there is no better uniform designer that I know than our very own @blobmista4 whose creations can be found here. Back when I was a uniform designer in 2015, I did study his very realistic style of shading profusely. To that end, attempting to emulate other designers can be very helpful, even if humbling.

2 Likes

Ah I see, I’ll try my best and I agree as a normal artist transitioning to Roblox clothe making those shading templates look absolutely horrid, there are creases where creases shouldnt exist and it makes the body very unflattering. I’ll try to improve on my skills and thanks for the pricing advice I really appreciate it!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush::blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ah I see another thing I wanted to ask if it isnt too bothersome, The template size is very small and no matter what dps I put its super pixelly is that a normal thing?

The template size should always be 585 x 559 pixels, yes. It is also important to note that high quality clothing will be shrunken down automatically by Roblox.

I am not too sure what you’re suggesting, though. Could you perhaps go into more detail on how pixelated your software is making the clothing? Some images, perhaps?

2 Likes

Not looking for any kind of argument, but at the certain quality the clothing is at, IF they did attempt to sell they could not pull the 3k price you were asking for. You get better with experience, start working for a reasonable price and as you get better raise your price with your level of work.

I’m a graphic designer IRL and I think the best experience you can get is through commissions. Sometime when you try to do things yourself and improve you get stuck within your current boundaries. When others ask for a specific design you learn to push yourself to make it happen and end up elevating your skill.

1 Like

Ah its pretty late so Im on mobile so I dont have any images to provide however ill try to the best of my abilities to explain. Like for me I use procreate to make my clothes and when I do its naturally very pixelated I was just wondering if it was normal as ive seen clothes look relatively smooth in roblox. By pixelated I mean like when I blend I can actually see the different pixels. I as an artist typically work on a larger canvas and high dps so its very out of the norm for me, just wondering if it was normal for everyone. :blush:

Indeed, I am not making an attempt to offer feedback on what Kizaya has created already, as I believe that has already been appropriately discussed by you. Hence, I am more giving feedback on the style of improvement and pricing that can be done in future, with further improvement on her style. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh for sure. I think it was great advice. But, rather than that being a reality right now, I think it is a good goal to reach for. :smile:

1 Like

Just a little sidenote about this, when presenting roblox clothes anywhere, you should present it as the front view/how it would look on a character for example (I don’t take credit for making this):

As you can see, they present the clothing they made as a robloxian shape with a front view, it gives you the general idea and prevents it from being easily copied, they also apply a watermark to make it harder.

They look pretty good it’s smooth and nice, I think though you should add watermarks so your clothing does not get stolen when you ask for feedback.

The clothing is pretty decent, 100 robux feels a bit low to be starting at… Depending on how long it takes for you to complete a piece of clothing, 100 robux just doesnt seem worth it. Aim for 300 minimum and i recommend 500 as a starter price. You can slowly raise your prices as you get more experienced in clothing design.

NOW, here are some suggestions I got for you to improve your clothing :smiley:

• This is something imma mention because i notice on both of the designs it looks like you’ve done both of them by hand, which is very time consuming. flipping sides will be your BEST FRIEND if you are trying to make something symmetric. If you’re using Paintnet you can use the “Move Selected Pixels” tool you will see little circles around the selection. they if you move them inward enough you will be able to flip the selection, if you dont use paintnet i think other programs let you do that too/*
    Image from Gyazo
    This will save you a load of time.

experiment with some textures, it tends to catch peoples eyes more than a flat color

have a layer behind all the other layers of any color you want I use a tan color personally, this will show if you missed a spot you’ve erased on another layer and you get to kind of see what the clothing would look like behind the color you please , its good for if you ever make things that have some transparency on there and you want to make sure its just the right opacity.

add subtle lighting to your designs, a little goes a long way but will make it pop out a bit more.

also… watermarks…

2 Likes