Feedback on column

Feedback on simple column model

I made a simple column, kind of like on buildings in Washington D.C, such as the Lincoln Memorial which I will attempt to create using this column model.

Note: This was created using default parts & the Archimedes plugin.

Images

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 7.38.19 PM

Hint hint :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I know it isn’t much yet, the showcase was mainly for the column model.

Feedback and likes are most appreciated!! :heart:
Tweet Version:

4 Likes

It looks good. I love the details on the pillar but with the building, I’m not sure what kind of building is that but I think the pillars are too close to each other on the build. Other then that, it looks great! 9.5/10

1 Like

It was meant to be a Lincoln Memorial reference:

Of course it is nowhere near done. Though you can see the column resemblance.

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense. Once you add the walls at the top and details, the pillar will look great!

1 Like

This is a pretty good column, but if you’re trying to model it after the Lincoln Memorial (Based on your response to Jack), I’d say that you should make the pillars a bit thicker on the bottom, and get a bit skinnier as they go up- As seen in the picture you have shown.
Not a big detail, but I think it would make the column even better! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry I’m a bit late with my reply… I was asleep lol. I’ll try doing that, though I’m not sure how I could curve it in studio. I mean it is possible I could use the Archimedes plugin, but that would be pretty difficult. Do you have any suggestions on how I do so?

Additional tweet version for those unable to post on the forum!

Personally I think it looks really good, nothing else to add but as something mentioned before maybe make the bottom bit a bit thicker? Other then that it’s perfect :smiley:

2 Likes

Notice the slight curve effect in the columns.

Yep I do. However, if you have any suggestions on how I do so by continuing to use only studio, please let me know!

Thank you so much for your feedback. As I mentioned when replying to @isaiahbur and @0PPENHEIMERS, do you have any suggestions on how I do so?

I’m not entirely sure as I don’t have experience with building but maybe you could slant stuff?