Feedback on Concept Soundtrack

Hey, I’ve finished work on a concept soundtrack inspired by the Vesteria and Assassins Creed soundtracks. I love composing music for concepts and worlds that I have in my head. I haven’t composed a whole lot of music in a while, and I would love your feedback on anything that I can improve on.

https://soundcloud.com/myth6-172571697/fantasy

Thanks for listening!

4 Likes

Awesome music @CJ_Nelson01, my only advice for you is to transition through themes faster. This particular song spends the first 10 something seconds on one theme. To really capture your audience, I’d say essentially increase the tempo 2x with all the necessary adjustments. Across all of your songs I can see that you like slow and steady, maybe that is just your style, but I believe it could potentially detract from your music, so again in my opinion you should probably keep the repeating things to 3-5 seconds max, and go through your themes a little bit faster. That is all I noticed, I love the music though, great job.

2 Likes

I agree with @MRKYLO20 with the statement that the song is a bit too long and repetitive in some areas. I’d recommend cutting out the second repitition of the first drum bit, as well as any subsequent second repititions. Other than that, I love the flowing water bit @CJ_Nelson01! Gives me Breath of the Wild vibes.

1 Like

Okay. I can definitely become blindsided to repetition when I spend hours working on a track! Thank you for the feedback :+1:

1 Like