Feedback on dinosaur horror game

So I have this game I’ve been working on for a few months and I have very big plans for it, mostly adding maps, but I wanna know what people think first, so basically this game is based on the first horror game ever and there are cool and original maps and new creative characters. So please, tell me what I could fix about the game, what to add and what to remove, thanks. Rex's Maze [MECHA LEVEL!] - Roblox

4 Likes

I like it but there are many cons about your game. I’m asumming that it is your first game. I need to say that the maze is kind of empty. It has some of couches and some other things (i didn’t finish the game cuz i got no time), the monster is pretty slow. I would recommend learning scripting yourself, as free models aren’t the best things. I saw in your post that it is a recreation or sumthing. So some of the things may be intended, but i don’t know the game. It is pretty much looking like those cheap-escape games on roblox (cheese horror escape). You should make it unique so it stands out and potentially make profit.

2 Likes

It’s unique, and by the way, this is not my first game, it is at least my 60th game. Yes the maze might be empty, because the automatic generation cells are a bit big, but it still works as a maze and it is different every time. Also, I learnt scripting myself, I’ve been doing it for over 7 years now and everything in the game is made by me except the monster AI because I can’t do pathfinding. It is unique, it is darker, has elaborate designs and also, has automatic generation and high-effort kill sequences for each enemy. This reply is a little offensive but ok, I understand that you didn’t play a lot so you didn’t really see everything. Just so you know also, the rest of the mazes have way faster enemies. I tried a lot with this game. This reply is a little bit destructive because you present many bad things without giving more than one solution.

3 Likes

Oh, okay! That explains alot! Tho you should definetely learn pathfinding, it will make lots of things easier, and will even help make more advanced ai.

1 Like

Also i never saw the original game, so if this is an exact recreation, you did a good job.

1 Like

Thanks man! Yeah, you can find the original games by searching in youtube “3D monster maze” and you can find both the 1981 version and the 2002 remake. I do also think I did a good job at recreating it, I got the setting, the characters and the random maze parts correctly. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

2 Likes