Feedback On First Full Map (WIP)

This is the first full map ive made and in interested to see what the community thinks, and how it can be improved. :slight_smile:

33 548x268
I really think you wont get a feel for the map unless you enter it though
(reposted from art to building)

9 Likes

It can use a better background, maybe like adding mountains around the map to prevent players from escaping the map, this will also make the map look a lot bigger than it really is. A few other things, are the trees they’re very confusing to me, even if they aren’t trees this map needs to have trees with better detail added to them. You need to add some events to the simulator, maybe like king of the hill and a platform for it. There’s a ton of different events and ideas to be added to this map to make it look a look better and more efficient. Another thing are the buildings, and the spawn. The spawn needs to be improved a lot, maybe even adding buildings inside of the spawn like a shop, selling center, etc.

definitely will add scripting stuff, for now this is just the map not the game.
there is an invisible “hitbox” keeping people from falling off, but ill see if i can make mountains work.
and yeah, many people said fix the trees, so that will be a priority.
im kinda drawing a blank as to what the spawn can have.
the shop center is that “smelter thing”

Not bad for your level, can use some improvement though.

any specific ideas on improvement ?

Maybe make the tree branches and the inside leafs opaque, and the outside leafs can stay translucent.

hmm, yeah im deinitely looking into fixing the whole “tree/grass” system

There is a huge amount of unused space.

it is unfinished, i just wanted to see what people think so far, as opposed to when i have no room to change direction

1 Like

Oh, the title is a bit misleading.

1 Like

yeah sorry, by full i meant enclosed, like not a fragment. dont know what i could change it too though to better show what i mean.

1 Like

Try putting (WIP) In the title.

1 Like

A little too bright, and why are the trees see through? (Unless you’re actually going for that.)

the brightness was for cartoonish effect and im looking for a replacment lighting efefct.
the trees are seethrough to show the density of the leaves.

It looks amazing at first sight and I love it. I would recommend reducing the neon hue to a transparency of 0.3 if you want, for me I love how it is. Good job and keep it up

1 Like