Feedback on floating island build

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum, but not my first build on the Roblox platform. This was my latest build, so I am asking for constructive criticism and perhaps some things I can add onto it to continue making it.

(This is supposed to be a work in progress fantasy-aesthetic build)

9 Likes

Welcome, and great work! While by book hasn’t taught me about modelling yet, it looks really good. I’d round out the arch:

Also, I know a great asset pack that has a great tree. If you can afford the R$50K, it’s a great pick, given it only works on Mac systems I think. How long have you been modelling for?

3 Likes

Ok. My brother-in-law (who will remain unnamed) showed me numerous plugins that he uses for his builds, including “Archimedes” which is kind of helpful in making arches. It works, although it simply uses the selected part and does not round it out perfectly. I’ll give it a go in another 3D program.

An asset pack that costs… 50,000 Robux?! I don’t know if I can afford that. Can you show me what it looks like?

I can’t use it then since I only use Windows computers, laptops, and mobile devices…

3 years. I’ve had an interest in video game design since I was a teenager, and I’m currently attaining my Master’s in 3D design at MSU.

2 Likes

Windows Phone??? WOW!!! That’s old. May I suggest iPhone? Perhaps Android?

Try Blender.

1 Like

I’ll never get an iPhone, and I’ve had bad experiences with Android.

I do actually use Blender, but not for 3D design; just for rendering designs I make in Siemens NX.

2 Likes

May I know perhaps why? Windows Phone is old. I hope that sUperCoolGirl31415 doesn’t only like old things.

1 Like

They’re pretty expensive for a phone with features that an old Windows phone can do just as easily.

I do like some old things… like Breakfast Club or Nirvana? I do like new things though, LOL.

1 Like

I feel like we’re staying off-topic, so please stay on topic. It’s best to follow the forum rules! However, I must know your thoughts on BattleField 3 and SimCity 4?

image I’m sorry, but it would be bad to use a phone which has been discontinued for 10+ years.

1 Like

Let me tell you that a pack of assets with that low of quality should not cost that much. Period.

What? I don’t have opinions on BattleField 3, but me and my brother used to play SC4 as kids! Fun times.

It still works though… Why are we talking about this? LOL

2 Likes

Well, it is not mine! I was merely making a suggestion.

Your hatred for iPhones is getting annoying.

1 Like

Apologies for the rude tone, I meant it in a joking way. Really though, who in their right mind would pay such an absurd amount for that? :joy:

Hey, can we go back to suggestions for my build? This is kind of off topic…

1 Like

Umm 50k for what?

Just say no…

U asked for feedback but did not mention what your build goal is …

Although the floating island is in the title …

First , great job!

For me a floatimg island, perhaps would have more of a fantasy theme … and the bridge looks kinda stiff

I might suggest getting some free plugins that convert parts or meshes into terrain, do some roblox custom material generation, change the sky box into a soace theme, add some fog particles , add terrain clouds

U can also use the roblocx terrain import with height maps, flip then upside down and make killer floater islands

1 Like

Absurd? I don’t get it. I gave the original builder over 500,000 Robux in Pls Donate.

Just stop being an edgy 15 year old Apple hater all the time. I’m not even an apple fan, and I find you foruming annoying sometimes.

1 Like

I think you’re joking now.

Foruming annoying - HUH? You’re a silly little guy, aren’t you!

1 Like

ha, can’t we all just get along?

back to on topic…

if you want help building , private message me…

1 Like

Apologies. This is my first time on the forum posting something. My goal is ultimately a fantasy-aesthetic build.

Do you have any suggestions? I would really like to know some of these. Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Like

…

:3

1 Like

Haha, really. A little weird DarkPixlz got quite aggravated over my Windows phone. It’s alright, each to their own.
Did you make that? It looks pretty cool. It’s like it’s melting away…

1 Like

yes , made it with what I mentioned above…

1 Like

I was asking for particular plugins for this, like links to particular and trusted names.

1 Like