Feedback on game similar to Octodad

I’m currently working on a game named Octopius where you play as a ragdoll and can only move one limb at a time. It’s inspired by Octodad: Dadliest Catch and features similar controls.

Currently I’m looking for feedback on how to balance the difficulity of the game and improve the tutorials but I would also love to see how I can improve other parts of the game.

Link:
https://www.roblox.com/games/13363822349/Octopius

Screenshots of gameplay:

3 Likes

I cannot try it right now but when i get home in a few hours I’ll be sure to play and give you feedback

2 Likes

NOOOOO I FORGOT, I will do it real soon or tomorrow morning

2 Likes

The GamePlay is mostly fine, The cars and such could use some work, That is mostly all i can say about this.

1 Like

Could you specify what wasn’t fine about the gameplay?

1 Like

Tutorial: The tutorial feels very disconnected, for example when I saw the scroll wheel, and look around, I didn’t realize I had to use the scroll wheel to look around. Another thing is when the tutorials use text on your screen it is at the very top, so I almost didn’t realize what it was telling me.
Clarity: I feel like one big problem with the game is it doesn’t have good clarity, one example is the spawnlocations/savepoints, you might thing they are where you respawn, but they are only where you will spawn when you leave.
Movement: The legs always lift up to the same height, and I think it would improve the movement if they only went up to a height relative to the height of the mouse on the screen.
All in all I enjoyed the game and I could give you more feedback if you would like, cheers.

2 Likes

After playing the game some more I thought of another improvement to do with the camera, I noticed that using the scroll wheel to turn was kind of annoying. Also, I think you should really look to the game Human Fall Flat for inspiration, I’ve logged over 40 hours on it, and it really reminds me of your game.

2 Likes

Game plays great! However building wise you could improve alot, the cars, gate, grass all seem rushed and incomplete aswell as UI wise it all feels to complicated moving with your right mouse to the left. I’m not sure maybe because I’m a ragequitter.

Good work! 7/10 :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

3 Likes