Feedback on game trailer

I’ve been working on this trailer, which regards my upcoming experience. Any feedback would be apprieciated!

1 Like

This is not a bad trailer but I think it needs some more action and insencity.

If I may offer some constructive feedback, the beginning of the trailer is definitely look great with the text “Survivor Present”. You’ve chosen a good font, and it’s not a bad choice to position it at the bottom, especially if you plan to place a logo above the text. However, you might also consider centering it on the screen for a more impactful presentation. Additionally, you could experiment with gradually increasing the text size to provide a subtle sense of movement.

One observation regarding the text: it disappears before the end of the black screen, which seems a bit like a bug or an oversight. Perhaps making it disappear at the same time as the black background or gradually fading it to transparency would be smoother.

I noticed a similar occurrence with almost all the texts, and there’s even one that remains for a second or two after the black background disappears – specifically, “In a mysterious place”. To maintain a consistent timing, all texts on a black background should last the same duration.

You almost use sounds correctly with images, but consider making a direct image change or introducing a stressful action during the “boom.” Try to avoid fading to black when you hear this noise, as mentioned regarding the duration; this will help maintain fluidity.

It was the points I found important to make the trailer a bit more aesthetic.

I hope you find my feedback helpful, and that it contributes to improving your trailer! In any case, you are on the right way!

2 Likes

Noted! Thank you so much for these helpful advices!

1 Like

The title cards are much too short.

The sound effects being cut-off and in completely left-sided stereo are very much displeasing to the ears.
I think you should change the footsteps sound to the centre rather than left/right.

The light ‘boom’ sound effects also cut off too early, so that we can hear the sound abruptly stop, which has less of an impact, as this is distracting.

The 2 ‘clap’ sound effects don’t seem to have any connection to what’s in the video, to me. I’m not sure if something at the end there was slightly hidden by YouTube compression, but I thought the clap sound was to prompt something to be visible in the darkness.

Even so, the visuals of the trailer are actually pretty well done, cinematic, but I would have at least 1 shot that isn’t from the perspective of the floor, maybe a tree, etc. :+1:

1 Like