Feedback On GFX Thumbnail

I have yet again made another thumbnail gfx as practise, I tried experimenting with grass and more PBR textures, but my PC couldn’t handle it and I had to restart LOL. If there is any way I can improve please let me know!

10 Likes

looks very good the only problem is the fire it looks like a image taken from google id fix the fire if i were you.

1 Like

I tried to blend it in but it seems like it didn’t work, I’m gonna learn how to create fire in blender them now haha

This is great, i honestly don’t know any way you could improve it, Nice job.

1 Like

If you want to use a stock image for the fire then set the layer mode to either Add, Lighten or Screen. :slight_smile: This will remove the black parts of the image and will make it glow / blend in more (based on which layer mode you use).
Here’s an example of Add.

Screen.

Lighten.

And here’s what the fie effect looks like without a layer style. So you can see how it removes all the black. Hope this helps!

1 Like

It looks really good! However, the lighting throws me. If it is supposed to be a dark, misty night, I’d darken it to be more realistic, like so:

I just darkened it, and added a vinaigrette effect. In my opinion it looks better, but take your pick.

1 Like

Should add Depth of field and improve the lighting in general as it is pretty dull. Just think of the scene, hes in the woods at night by a camp fire. You’d want the scene to be way darker and the campfire and person become the main focal point. Right now in the scene the RV is contrasting the most so thats what im looking at,when it should be the man roasting marshmellows instead. For the camera you should move it closer to the main subject and tilt it. Lastly, do some color grading as it helps set the mood of the image, warm colors would be best in the this setting.

1 Like

Very good!, maybe change the background to something more matching even if this one is great, also add some more lightning around the fire and make it look more alive!
Overall very good!

1 Like

Wow this is really nice. I’d say the fire needs some more light though, since it’s a big fire.
It still looks great!

1 Like

The background doesn’t really match, try adding some recoloring to it or make it blend in more, because I can clearly see it wasn’t part of the original render

1 Like