Feedback on GFX?

So, I was working on a GFX, and wanted to make it look kind of ‘old timey’… and so I turned off denoising lowered the resolution,

and whatnot, but it didn’t turn out that well…

yeah. i didn’t know how to purposely make it look grainy. now it doesn’t look great.

21 Likes

I mean

It still looks pretty good though regardless! It’s just that there are a couple of things you need to fix, especially if you’re going for an “old timey” or “1950’s” look (I’ll give some)

• You could add a Camera Effect that goes along with the theme you’re going for, that could really add a nice change of pace!

• The animation for the person does look a bit off, maybe if you made it a bit more intriguing (If you know what I mean?) then it’d be good

I mean the Forum members are there to give support & feedback after all, so do take it into consideration!

5 Likes

it definitely looks old looks’ like it was taken in the 50’s it does have a down side tho

the positioning aint that great other then that it looks good

2 Likes

yeah if you read the file name, I was trying to make it look like a magician taking his hats off and you know yeah

sort of like this:
if you know what i mean

1 Like

i thought he finished and was about to bow down lol

1 Like

Yeah I gotcha, sometimes we just can’t get that exact pose we want to replicate inside Studio

But hey it’s a learning process, and you’re still learning! Maybe you could try a different pose and see if you get a different outcome?

2 Likes

It looks Great!

Here are some suggestions:

• Fix the camera angle
  • Lighting and posing needs more work

Best wishes in all you do and congrats on the job well done!

1 Like

first i was gonna do a bowing down hats off pose like @ZINTICK said

but then I was like
that looked stupid

and I changed it to that

also I pose inside of blender because if I want to change pose I don’t have to export another obj and delete old and stuff

yeah, i tried to make it look like someone was taking a photo of him

every thing looks great you just gotta fix that pose

what do you suppose it look like?
also stop using kdb PLEDASE

The right arm looks backwards. You could add a 1940 tv effect over it. Other then that, good job

pose it like the man in the picture or make him bow down and NO i just learned what kbd is and i love it lol

Hey there! Recently I was making same theme GFX and gonna give you some tips and feedback. You can try to add vintage effect and make more yellow colored the photo, like old ones, photos like that should have warm color effect (yellow, brown etc). Also make the character being full in camera, leave some free space between top camera side and hat/head. Goodluck!

2 Likes

actually i just remembered i made that to try to make it a bowing down thing but forgot to change it back

1 Like

so, uh, how does a 1940’s tv effect look

also does that look better

2 Likes

@Jackscarlett @ZINTICK @Tjrror @ZDH_Dev @Lie_Star

how’s this?

also @Tjrror graininess is on purpose

i turned off denoise lowered screen resolution

5 Likes

Aye! It looks better.
But try fixing the denoise

I do get how the noise is supposed to add an ‘old timey’ effect to it, however I think that in addition, you should add like little bars going across that slightly distort the image.

1 Like

yes, i can see that in my head.