Feedback on GFX

Hello, this is my first GFX of my first render! :grinning:

Any feedback on the GFX itself would be appreciated. I feel as if I need something to fill in the background.

Thoughts on adding particle overlays, smoke overlays etc?

Do you you think this portfolio acceptable? I’m thinking of making GFX requests and thought having a portfolio would boost my chances.

5 Likes

It’s a cool render for your first. I like how it is clean and nothing too over the top. I do think you should add some particles of some sort; it will make it better.

I think you should improve a bit before making a portfolio. I think you have major potential though. Keep it up. :+1:

1 Like

It’s a nice render simplicity is something your going for, But I’d say make the background have that bright blue appearance as the text filling has, like there’s not point adding characters in the background since these types of graphic designs normally don’t feature other characters. (Though you could experiment instill you find something that fits the background of the image.)

I would recommend creating more then one graphic design if your willing o showcase this in your portfolio. Instead of showing one example you could even create packs or put this in your portfolio that you could get commission from.

As I said about the colors it’s not really a big issue. I’m assuming these text and color placement are temporary - placeholder at the moment? Otherwise it’s good for a first attempt.

2 Likes

You’ve got a good positioning of everything on the icon, but everything just seems flat. Try adding a drop shadow to the text and/or character, and play around with filters, contrast, hue, saturation, etc., add a vignette or brighter / darker colors to the background, just anything to make it pop out more. Perhaps you could differentiate the colors of the text and the background, since they’re quite similar. As you mentioned, definitely experiment with some particles or overlays as well. You’re off to a good start, though!

2 Likes

It’s great!! I like your idea to add a stroke around the character.