Feedback on Group Logo

Feedback

Hi! I just finished a logo for a client, and I was wanting feedback on it. (Yes, it is only one as I need feedback on JUST this.)

Logo

As always, constructive criticism is best,
mxxnlxss

8 Likes

First off, the renders/terrain looks really clean and well-made. The only real complaint I would have is that, since everything is so bright, the text kind is kind of hard to read. The bottom is especially, even with the drop shadowing. And I didn’t even see the volleyball at first and even when I did I couldn’t tell what it was immediately.

If you can make the important parts stand out a bit better, this will be a really good logo!

6 Likes

I don’t think its a good idea… The image it self is decently well made, however, I don’t think it will look so good at a small scale when put as a group logo. I think a logo needs to be more big and in your face, I mean its branding.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, I will try my best to add more shadow and other effects to make small and important assets stand out!

2 Likes

Hmm, I see what you are saying, do you think a thumbnail would have been a bit of a better idea for this type of render?

1 Like

Hi, the GFX in my opinion is great! Of course, I do have a couple of suggestions though.

• Text Font / Color

Personally, I feel like your current text font isn’t… bright enough? I feel like you should find another font to make it look a bit more brighter. Another suggestion I have is to change the text colour. The white on it right now is a bit bland.

• Volleyball Court Sand

You have some sand from the background, and then a completely different type of sand for the volleyball court. This doesn’t fit in to well, I’d suggest changing it to the same style.

• Player Difference

On one of the characters, they are wearing some swimsuit. The other player is in a dress- I feel like that doesn’t really fit in with the beach theme you’re going for. I’d suggest changing the other players clothes to a swimsuit.

• Summary

Overall, the GFX was pretty good! I feel like if you add my suggestions it’ll add a lot more detail & brightness to it.

2 Likes

Thank you, the sand I am trying to fix but I am having a bit of trouble, if you know how I would really appreciate you giving me tips on how to fix it.

1 Like

i like the style you came up with and how you chose the beach but i do have some suggestion"s

SUGGESTION"S

(1) The reflection on her hair is alittle to much maybe dim that down alittle.
fin

(2) you should add more line"s on the ball.

(3) You could also dim here arms down.

hope this help.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will dim the arms and add some more lines onto the volleyball.

2 Likes

Other then what others said the lettering should be a bit bigger too

2 Likes

It looks clean, and would be great for an ad, but as mentioned,

The scaling for most people makes super detailed group logos difficult to discern what’s in them usually the more simple the subject matter the better.

The picture it’s self has some pretty good composition, and your lighting has consistent angles even if it’s fairly harsh. I’m getting picky here, but two pictures then I’ll explain a bit about how to fix them.

Pic 1

The areas marked here in red are very washed out and very bright. This makes things that are white or tan very difficult to see because it’s blending into the background. So the volley ball and the HO in hotel both blend into the background.

This can be easily corrected by the image behind the slightly darker or better defining the items in the picture.

Pic 2

Screenshot_1

Your colors are all bunched up, and the black and darker colors draw the onlookers eyes to odd areas of the picture. Though it does give presence to the player models, it pulls eyes away from the text and action in the picture.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will make these improvements!

3 Likes

It’s generic quality, it isn’t bad, but it isn’t anything fancy either

the text seem to be too close to the edges to me

3 Likes

Yes a thumbnail would be more appropriate.

3 Likes

Alright, I will make more like this but it will be a thumbnail!

1 Like

Maybe do/change the following:

• Add in a frame or darker edges.
  • Change the color of the text, as it does not stand out, especially near the sand.
  • Add in some boats, umbrellas and maybe some other characters.
  • Make the volleyball stand out more. Maybe a tint darker.
1 Like

The logo render looks alright with albeit, some noise on the characters.

Some suggestions I’ll give is to give more emphasis on the movement of the characters in the render, if the character is jumping into the air, show their pose as they try to reach for the ball instead of making it raise their hands as the seemingly float in the sky a little. The other character thats viewing it could also get ready to bounce the ball back with a ready stance.

As others have mentioned, the render itself looks very bright in some parts. The sand in the background also kinda makes it confusing as the flat smooth ground they’re playing on doesn’t really fit in with the sand in the background. Either remove the ground and try to draw the shadows manually to give it a feel like they’re actually on the beach may still look weird. Or make the ground bigger to stretch between the sand so the sand background is covered up.

Adding bump maps (I think thats what they’re called, correct me if I’m wrong) can give it a more in-depth and realistic-ish feeling.

Some things to mention though, you should emphasis what you want the person to see, if you want to emphasis that its a group about a hotel. You want to show characters enjoying the hotel. As in your logo render, it doesn’t really include a hotel at all from what I see. That’s ok though, you can include it in the background to show that they’re playing near the hotel and they enjoy their stay.

The text should also be made easier to see rather than pushing them out of the way if its for a group logo. Add some spice to the text to make it look more special and stand out from all the other logos you see.

EDIT: Adding some sun shine effects could also show that its very bright, shiny, and can give a sense of happiness. Saturation and effects can play a long way to give a certain message.

EDIT2: Adding more players can give it a sense of it being a little busy while also fun and a chance to make friends and communicate with others. Add some decoration like beach umbrellas if you want.

Ik that this post may seem very picky and quite harsh but these are some improvements you can take to make this a better render and group logo.

2 Likes

Looks pretty good nothing you can improve on it anymore

2 Likes

Very, nice! Although, the sand is not the same as the Robloxians are standing on. Also, this is not the right topic to use on. Check the topic rules first. Consider posting on the Cool Creations topic. I am not a mod by the way, but just a lil’ nudge for ya.

2 Likes

I recommend bending the torso and the limbs more, they look too stiff. The ground also doesn’t match the background.

1 Like