Feedback on heat camera

So lately I got an idea of making realistic firefighting game on roblox, realistic hose system and all equipment. So if you dont mind leaving feedback on this heat camera system :slight_smile: .Keep in mind I will add temperature count in left corner and better ui.

8 Likes

It looks great.

1 thing:
Make the image bigger on the monitor, or make the image fill the entire screen.

4 Likes

I think it looks very well. All I recommend you to do is to make some more details on the objects in the building such as making the handle’s have more of a shine and maybe adding some objects in the house that are broken from the fire to make it have a better feel. Otherwise it looks really well and if I were to rate it out of 10 it would be 7.5. Nice work!

2 Likes

Is that a viewport frame? looks great but i wonder if making it a surface GUI would look more realistic.

2 Likes

it is VPF and it is surface gui

1 Like

Sorry but I can’t see all the video, it’s very hot to me

4 Likes

Oh it looked like a screen GUI lol, nvm then

2 Likes

Looks awesome. My one complaint is it seems a bit dark for an actual FLIR camera, usually they have higher contrast. Additionally, smoke in house fires is usually much thicker and the overall environment is much darker, but nice job!

1 Like

Its not dark because heat camera(flir camera) is usualy used when fire is out. So firefighters can check for hotspots. White smoke is steam from the fire. Least amount of visibility is while fighting the fire not during one

Fire doesn’t usually create steam, it creates dark smoke, especially in a household environment where chemicals/plastics are burning. It doesn’t have to be significantly brighter, but usually FLIR cameras have better color contrast so the user can pick out individual objects that are causing the heat.

1 Like

Fire and water does. And yeah im planning how to make it look more orangish. From my experience in Serbia we had bad cameras. Like one shown here it would just display temperature of something and slight glow

Ah, I see. Didn’t notice it was water steaming. This is a really awesome project that I’ll be following and I wish you the best of luck. Would love to see some first person pike pole/halligan usage at some point too.

1 Like

Currently im working on dynamic particles.To be exact water bouncing off and dripping down to the ground

1 Like

And yeah also this is how our camera was like: image sorry for bad quality but I hope you can see temperature count on right side

Yeah! I can, your model is a really great remake bro! Will be very neat to see when you add temperature and all that.

1 Like

Looks amazing! But the screen is too small.

1 Like