Feedback on horror game I made

Hello,
I am currently in the process of creating and releasing my first horror game called Aberration. The game revolves around escaping from a forest by finding randomly generated pieces of code scattered in dumpsters and throughout a fairly large map. However, your escape is hindered by a dangerous, tall white monster that will try to kill you as soon as it spots you. The monster is very fast, so the only way to survive its attacks is by hiding in bushes. There are also various hiding spots available. The game is designed for 1 to 5 players, and the gameplay time ranges from 20 to even +60 minutes, depending on the number of players and familiarity with the game. I know that lobby is not the best looking but don’t judge the book by its cover :). The map features many locations, almost each contributing to the action. At the beginning of the game, we appear on a small hill with a flashlight in our inventory and a note with hints next to us. The game truly begins once we descend from the hill, because then the monster truly starts its hunt. If we die, we respawn on the same hill where we are safe until we get down. I created the game on my own, and now that I believe it is playable and adequately explained, I can confidently share it with you for testing. While developing the game, I drew inspiration from other games such as:
-The Mimic
-Apeirophobia
-nico’s nextbots
-The Rake REMASTERED
-Phasmophobia
-Granny game series
After playing my game, I kindly ask you to write an honest and not too brief review about the game. Let me know if the game is too long, too difficult or too easy, what errors you encountered, what you liked and didn’t like, whether you see potential in this game, and your overall rating on a scale of 1 to 10. Thank you for your attention, hope you will enjoy.
-ZykoreK

Game link: Aberration [OPEN ALPHA] - Roblox

Current game pictures [v.0.022_393]

15 Likes

sounds cool, will play with ym friends later at some point. Although from the thumbnails rn it does look like you used the rake monster and the trash and lights were way too small. I have high hopes

6 Likes

Thank you for writing back. The thumbinail dumpster and light may look small because this photo was actually taken on spawn, which is a little mountain, and yes, I used the Rake monster mode - I’ll replace it with something made by me in the future. Thumbnails are a little outdated too, so I think I’ll change them.

6 Likes

This game looks pretty promising so far. Although there is one thing you can improve on:

• Lighting: While it does look realistic, the flashlight kind of ruins the ambience, not by much though. It kind of just, brightens up the entire thing. And make it less brighter.

Overall though, the game looks promising, I wish you luck!

6 Likes

My game has a better flashlight gamepass, so normally the flashlight is not that bright. Also, I made a little flashlight overhaul:
-less bright
-longer range
-smaller angle
-arm now follows the camera
-flashlight’s light effect? (idk how to call it lol)
Here is a video tho:

External Media
4 Likes

You can improve some of the textures.
I see you are going with realistic vibe so I’d say if you improve the textures on the meshes the game will be twice as good as it already is

3 Likes

It does overall look better, but there’s still a lack of shadows on the beam. Although I don’t know if you’re intending to not implement it, but as I show below, maybe you can add this?

4 Likes

so ive played it with friends, I have some suggestions… pls add a compass so we know where were going, add a ui to make sure we know when were hidden, add sprinting to mobile players, theres a bug where stamina doesnt refill

2 Likes

Okay, so now:
-map is pickable and has a compass
-spriting is now available on all platforms.
-stamina bug fixed
-the sound of rustling leaves plays every time the player enters or leaves a bush.

3 Likes