Feedback on i5k Fan Render!

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:
I created some fan GFX for @i5k as he is an inspiration to me and many other GFX artists.

Here is the render I made for him!
I’d really appreciate your feedback. Thanks! :smiley:

11 Likes

1 thing the i5k looks like 15k to me but it looks super dupe great :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks! It looks like 15K due to the font I used, sorry about that!

1 Like

It looks good to me. But the problem is that I see in this photo look’s kind of like shadows of ‘KieranIsADev’ in the middle of the photo. I recommend that the text ‘KieranIsADev’ should be on the bottom right of the photo.

1 Like

The reason it is not on the bottom right is due to people trying to steal it. I have an unwatermarked version if i5k wants it haha.

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool, nice job! :+1:

2 Likes

You’d be better off tweeting this to him, I always see him responding there to fan art / renders.

1 Like

I love the shading and the text which you did, but it seems like as if the render is just floating in the air. Add a 3D background, something like a street so it seems like as if the render is trying to walk or interact with something.

Other then that, nice job! :+1:

1 Like

I’m going to try to go into more depth with things that have been previously stated, so here’s a list of things to keep in mind the next time you make a render.

• The T-Shirt used has texture issues. I had looked on his profile, and the stripes on his shirt are uniform and they are seamless. The ones in your render don’t align and you can see the seams on them.
  • The character’s limb positioning could be better than just bending the arms. Why don’t you try moving them at the shoulder, making the head turn, moving the leg’s position, and changing the torso’s orientation at the waist, making the other parts turn with it.
  • The lighting is okay, but it could be better. As much as people like to point towards HDRI’s, it can help a render, but it can also ruin it depending on which ones you use. I’d recommend for you to only use one if it strengthens the lighting. If not, making a procedural world texture could work, and if you’re using blender, there’s a great add-on called Dynamic Sky from the preferences tab, but this is only in blender. I’m not entirely sure if you do use it, so if not, ignore that if you’re not using it.
  • If you want to go the extra mile, try making the glasses more reflective. The rim should be more metallic, whilst the lens would be more glassy. I did notice parts of the shirt are more reflective than the rest of the avatar. If you want to go for a more toy looking avatar, you could make the rest of the avatar have a similar specularity of the T-Shirt.

All things aside, I had to look harder for me to point these things out, and by no means does this make it a bad render. Kudos to you for making it.

I used the texture file from his Roblox avatar on a rig that I didn’t make - maybe that would have caused it. I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

might wanna get a frontview render of i5k

Can you see?..

yes i can see it’s not a frontview render but more a bird’s eye view perspective

It is a front view… You’re viewing it from the front. Stop trolling me.

no you don’t understand. Front view doesn’t mean the camera views an upper part of the object you’re rendering. It’s realy in front and you cant see the upper part like the upper part of the shoulders

1 Like

its not front view

instead of taking some of the criticism to mind, you started ranting, that type of immature behavior isn’t really expected on a Dev Forum if you only wanted positive feedback, you should have stated that in the title @KieranIsADev

Hello, I see you put so much work on this art… But I must tell you… This is best I5K Fan art I ever seen. I am doing GFX too!

Alright, let’s get to the chase :
Pose is nearly none existent
Use more than one light point and use the environmental light to your advantage

Good job there aren’t any more flaws :+1: