Feedback on information rich streetlight model detailed high poly build

I’d like feedback on a model I renovated today to better its aesthetic.

Old version:

Rate this model

0 voters

4 Likes

If I flick the pole, It will snap.

Also how are those lights working? There’s no wires. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

I think the neon is being displayed on a screen. Which realistically would be too expensive for cities to have these for every streetlight. The display itself would be $300-800 alone, the text must cost like $60 an hour just to run.

So each year, just in the electricity, it would cost this hypothetical city like $200k. For Just one.
And in the setting up and buying the displays, it would cost a heck ton as well. If we say this city is like NYC, then there are about 300k streetlights. So the installation of these would cost about… $165M excluding the $1k+ spent on the rest of the street light. And factor in the nearly $200k cost of running one, upkeep for all of the totals to be about $60B excluding the $50M spent on the actual electricity for the lights themselves at the top.

Sorry about my rant, I just wanted to share how in a real-life city, these would cost an absurd amount to maintain and making, meaning that even though the model is very nice, great job @KristinaMoment, these would be like a 2/10 based on if they are realistic in the fact of them existing irl.

On another note, the build looks fantastic, very detailed and smooth. I do have a pet peeve about text touching edges of the screen on UI and displays, so maybe you could fix that but besides that, fabulous job!

4 Likes

This is a godly response. I can’t believe you actually searched it up.

Don’t worry. It didn’t offend me at all, but instead I actually laughed while reading this.

Edit: When making it I was actually considering if 1 screen was enough LOL

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking about if it was a simple LED sign. I was thinking that it was an actual display screen hooked up with electronics and broadcasted a screen, which would take more money to upkeep. Also, I was slightly making it larger. In reality, it would be around $30-$45 which is still really high for a city to upkeep for a street light.

2 Likes

Nice detailed build! I wish I could build like that
It’s not really “high poly” tho.

1 Like