Feedback on Interstate Highway Sign

Hello developers!

I would like some feedback on my Interstate Highway Sign!

I based the sign off of Interstate 435 Kansas City, Missouri. Here’s the Google Maps location

Images

• I love it!
  • It’s alright
  • I somewhat dislike it
  • I hate it

0 voters

9 Likes

It looks very good and realistic! Nice job on recreating it!

4 Likes

It looks really great. It seems you’ve copied down basically every single part of this highway sign, nice job!

My only suggestion is to somehow add some wear and tear. The signs don’t look perfect and they seem a bit sun-faded and grainy due to long exposure to the sun. Also, it seems that some of the signs and metal rods look a bit bent at some areas, that could definitely help. It’s just those small details that make it seem all the better.
:wink:

3 Likes

How did you put google maps here? I’m really curious

1 Like

Absolutely love it! It’s almost perfectly in-line with the interstate’s standards; well done.

One thing to be cognizant of (from a civil/traffic engineering standpoint) is the height of the signs.

The far-right sign does extend slightly below the other sign in real life, but the version you showed seems to extend lower. If all that’s driving in your games is private-citizen sedans, SUVs, and pickup trucks then you’re perfect and good to go. If, however, you intend to make any box trucks or semi-trucks then you may (depending on their height, and the height of the sign) run into issues with regards to the tops of trucks striking the bottom of the sign.

Very detailed and accurate, this is impressive work with real attention to detail and accuracy. Can’t wait to see with what you come up with next! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I coped everything up to the ?authuser=0&entry=ttu

So my link looks like…https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9384678,-94.5427082,3a,75y,77.82h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8ttkX_gQdsn470Yq4NTXjA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
And then I just pasted it onto the DevForum, and then it loaded it.

2 Likes