Feedback on Jetpack Parkour Game

Game is inspired by Jet Set Radio Future and has a large emphasis on graffiti, jetpacks, rail grinding, and parkour. Setting is in the future where poverty is widespread
Link: Jetpack Accel Parkour - Roblox

11 Likes

Absolutely stunning! Haven’t seen the full animations yet, but they look great.

1 Like

Thanks, I really appreciate it

I adore the creativity in the project. The structure of the models fits the theme you are going for perfectly. The only thing I would maybe look into is the skybox, maybe give it more of an end of world feel, a less blue colour sky would look great. Immaculate creation overall, very excited to hear more!

1 Like

Lets Go! Another great game!

I feel like a blue endless sky would make it stand out better. Keep up the effort :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. I’ve noted your suggestions and will try to add them in

1 Like

To be honest ITS AMAZING!

This text will be blurred

1 Like

Thanks I really appreciate it.

It looks like a combo of Jetpack Joyride and subway surfers

2 Likes

Oh yeah hadn’t thought about that. I mostly based on game off things like mirrors edge or jet set radio but I can see it being a combo of those 2

I’ve added a tutorial stage to help new players get familiar with the controls. I appreciate the feedback so far but I’d love to hear some stuff regarding gameplay and the mechanics

This is pretty good. I like games that give you fun momentum to mess around with, and this game scratches that itch quite well. But considering it’s a work-in-progress, there are of course a couple of issues I’ve found.

There is a glitch where your character can be seen walking even though you’re standing still. Pretty minor glitch, but it is still noticeable.

There is also another glitch where sometimes your character will fling itself off a rail and get stuck until you use the jetpack. That can be pretty annoying.

Also, I don’t like how the grind and coin sound effects don’t get louder/quieter based on how far away the camera is. But that’s not really an issue, just a nitpick if anything.

Overall, this is a great game, and I hope to see it improve in the future!

1 Like

Thanks man, I really appreciate it and glad the momentum based gameplay turned out how I hoped. I am aware of the rail glitch and will do my best to fix it up, along with the other issues. Thanks for taking it a look at it and giving your thoughts

I cannot use the jetpack or spray can. I game with an Xbox controller.

1 Like

Can this be fixed? I really want to play your game?

1 Like

Thanks for telling me about this. The game isn’t compatible with Xbox or a controller yet so you’ll have to play on PC for now. I’ll try to add in controller support later

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Let me know when you add controller support.

1 Like