Feedback on latest practice GFX

Give me feedback on what I could have done better to match the reference.
Reference:

My version:

Thanks for looking, have a good day :grin:

5 Likes

Halo ODST was truly a beautiful and interesting Halo… Glad to see some attempts at Robloxing that theme!

The only thing I can really give feedback on is the scenery in the back of your edit. It’s way to blurred out in my opinion. I think if you were to blur it out a little less, it might look closer to your reference!

Nice job!

2 Likes

I would have probably blurred less had I made the background in blender, however that would have taken so much time to make it in blender and then texture it. I used images from the internet to make the background, so blur kinda helped blend it more. I agree it would look better not blurred as much. I can try to make an edited version to see if it looks better with less blur. Thanks for responding, and it’s nice to see other halo fans! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Updated Version, I think it turned out nice! A little blur is still necessary to give depth but I appreciate the feedback!

There’s almost nothing you can improve, this is perfect. The glare on the helmet is the best touch imo for both images

Focus more on the whiteness of the noise than the range of it (ex: top of the helmet’s pretty shiny). The arm closest to the viewer and gun seem a bit forgotten in that spectrum, but otherwise this is an outstanding GFX. 10/10.

1 Like

Very good feedback. I agree the arms and gun look lacking in comparison to the rest of his body. What I will do next time is add some shadows and highlights to those areas. Thank you for replying :+1: