Feedback on Low-Poly skyscraper I recently made

Hey, all! First off, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to click this and read my topic.

Second off, I have recently made a low-poly skyscraper, and am looking for everyone’s opinions on it. Any and all feedback, as well as recommendations, are highly appreciated! This is my first time building in a while, so it may look a little sloppy.

Without further ado, here it is!
image_2021-07-10_233448
(Side view)

(Close-up front view)

(Actual front view)
I know this probably looks a bit bare and boring right now; That is why I am looking for feedback and ideas. If you have any suggestions leave them below and I will consider adding them! :smiley:

4 Likes

First of all if you want to make a low poly skyscraper the first thig you need to do is turn off the CastShadow so it would look better without that dark places. I think is cool what you made but i would decrease the transparency of the windows. With nothing more to say, I think it’s fine keep up the work!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ah, alright! Thank you very much for the feedback! I am going to disable CastShadow. I will also definitely consider decreasing the transparency of the windows! This really means a lot and helps out a lot, thank you again for the feedback!

No problem!!! I think is very well made because is very smooth and there is no z-fight and thats good.I sugested drecreasing the window transparency because there is not that much of a big deal inside the actual building so i think it will look more suggestive.

Thank you very much again, this means a lot! I originally had z-fighting at the start, but fixed it all up, and am happy with the end result I got. I will definitely take into consideration the window transparency since it does not have much going on in the actual skyscraper. This feedback helps out a lot!

Your building is really good but I think you should add a bit more details like lights or like the skyscraper’s name.

It kind of just feels like the same floor copy and pasted with nothing indicating it’s low poly except its very blocky design. Something you could try to add is more dimensions like a bigger base of the structure. Maybe even have angled windows similar to the One World Trade Center.
Here’s a good example of some high-quality low poly skyscrapers

I hope this advice helps with future builds!

7 Likes

Thank you for the feedback and constructive criticism- This helps out a lot! I’ll definitely add more of this and improve my skills using this. :smiley:

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll definitely add this too. :smiley:

1 Like