Feedback on low poly TDM town

Just made this map for a game creators game, what do you guys think?

3 Likes

I don’t know who reported that post, I said “not being rude” it looks like old roblox.

1 Like

Good work so far! I think you should add more detail including nature, more detailed road, and maybe add light posts. Also, for the houses you can add chimneys to some of them. Keep going!

3 Likes

Trying to keep is as simple as possible, thats the point of this build

1 Like

Aw, please don’t call it ugly. :confused:

3 Likes

Looks fantastic! A couple things you could add is:

• Details to the houses? I’d love to see like a chimney or something like that.

• Grass? Flowers?

• I’d love to see a picnic table or maybe a bike laying near the fence area located next to the reddish-pink house.

Overall, this is a pretty cool build! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I feel like many of the houses look the same except for different color. I would try to add some “spice” to the builds. Make the houses different from each other style wise. Add some more exterior detail such as trees,flowers,bushes,driveways etc.

I like it i like how you went for a old roblox town looks amazing, but i do have some suggestions

SUGGESTIONS

ROAD/SIDEWALK
The road/sidewalk is split apart here,

what are those white barer around the map,

Also the house’s don’t have no doors

How to improve on it
You can improve on it by adding bush’s, tree behind the gate’s add little bench’s there and a side walk,

the balcony for the blue house you can add fence’s

Overall i like it.

Old town roblox

P.S It’s Not Ugly :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this help :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is going to be a TDM map for a game so the white walls placed around are barriers. I thought about benches but I would make them purely for show since this is gonna be a fighting map

Shadowmap would be a nice touch

1 Like

Lighting effects, like Shadowmap as 7170 mentioned, go a long way. I think I commonly see extensive use of blur, bloom, and color correction for a Low Poly style build. I’m not so sure about your layout, it’s normally a good idea to use several references when building something unfamiliar. The lack of garages and cars does leaves me wanting more, same for streetlights.

1 Like

It looks okay.
It’s lacking detail such as: vegetation.
You could possibly add:

• Chimneys w/ smoke or without.
  • Flowers, trees, etc.
  • Streetlights.
  • Benches.
  • Pools.
  • Fountains.
  • Stop signs, etc.
  • Sidewalks.
    Overall your build looks pretty good.
1 Like

It’s a nice start and I really like the look of it!

Suggestions

Colours

• I think there are a lot of colours that don’t blend well together in this map. For example the (mostly) pastel coloured houses against the dark green grass. In my opinion it would look better if for the most part the whole map was one colour type (pastel colours, dark colours ect. up to you)

Decorations

• The trees look a little weird to me. Not that weird but just a little. I think it might be because of the sphere like shapes for leaves. Maybe change them out for a different tree. If not it looks ok how it is.

• You could add some more decorations like:

• rocks.
    • bushes.
    • rocks.
    • river, pond , lake possibly flowing through the map .
    • street lights.
    • Parked cars. This could also be used for cover.
    • bins on the sides of roads.
    • some of @vAshinaa detail suggestions where great.

Houses/Structures

• The houses look really nice and I like the theme you have gone for but I do think there should be some more detail:
    • Maybe a chimney on the roof.

• a driveway on one or two houses.

• some more details on the walls ( depends what look you’re going for, a kind of old roblox theme or a new modern low poly theme. I personally think both can look great)

• More hedges in front of the houses. I think this could fill some empty space:

• The colours for the houses look a little weird in my opinion. For example some of the light pastel coloured houses comparing on the dark red house. Also I think the roof should either be a darker grey roof or the roof’s colour being a darker colour of the house’s colour.

Mountains

• The mountains look nice and are well done but I do have one suggestions for these. You could possibly do multiple layers of mountains to make it more realistic and make it seem like there is something else after the realism.

Lighting

• I’m unsure on the theme you’re going for but I think lighting can help any map a lot. playing with these setting can turn most map’s theme/mood:

• Like @7170s said shadowmap might look nice.

Sorry if I repeated other people’s suggestions.
I really like the old roblox look.
This map is pretty good how it is but I do hope some of these suggestions will help you. Good luck on your future projects!:+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think it looks good, but I think you should add more textures, like the road should be maybe cobblestone, and the houses should be wood, wood planks, or brick…
I see a huge dirt block on the left side of the map, I think it maybe, sticks out too much. I think it looks good though…!!:grinning:

It’s a very nice build, and I really like the size, and the shape of the entire map, however I do see a few things I would change.

download%20(23) download%20(22)
While these houses don’t look bad, it’s a bit too repetitive, maybe make one shorter, one longer, move the windows around differently. You could also add some small bricks to the build just to give it that low-poly feeling, something like this: download%20(24)

Otherwise, great job! A very inspired build, I think it will work excellently for a gun fighting map. I can’t wait to see more of your builds!

Old Roblox, it looks like but by the way you’re a good builder. :wink:

I really like it. I’m pretty new to low-poly building but there are definitely a few recommendations I would like to give.

First, as most users said, try adding more detail and nature. Some light outdoor decorations would also help the map pop out. Maybe a bike leaning against house, a sunchair in the little courtyard area, maybe some garbage cans or cars?

What I like to do when building maps is taking a reference picture, and write down what features you notice first. Try to then integrate them into your builds!

I can’t wait to see the final build and I wish you good luck!