Feedback on Low-Poly town

Low Poly Town

So I’m currently making a game as a side project called residence which is based in a small low poly town, I’ve recently just came close to finishing the first town. I would like to hear what everyone thinks about it and their critiques on how to improve it.

Here are the builds :

I plan to fill the blank space above with either a park or school.

Just a note I have re-meshed the grass and will be importing that later this week

14 Likes

I think you’ve done a great job building this town. I think you could probably add some mountains in the landscape so it looks more natural. Good luck with your project. :smiley:

1 Like

Structurally, I really like it! People who take up low poly building can be pretty hit or miss, but you’re very natural with it. My only suggestion would be trying to spruce (no pun intended) up the nature a bit. Maybe build a couple more plants, and change up the ones you have (rotate them differently, resize, etc.) Nature is very a-symmetrical! I would personally suggest making some kind of bush because they’re not difficult to build, and they can take up a lot of space.

Best of luck with the rest of the development, I hope to see more soon!

1 Like

I’ll definitely be adding more landscaping, I have some modelled from a few days ago and I’m gonna see what works best with it, I’ll upload more soon and thank you :slight_smile:

Thankyouu, I’ll be adding some new tree’s and surrounding landscapes in a few days and will see which one work best :slight_smile:

I apologize if I’m a bit harsh, but I’ll be as honest as possible:

• There’s way too many trees especially at the edge of the map, it looks like a town in the middle of a jungle, reduce the quantity and replace the trees at the edge with mountains and a bit of plants.
  • There’s way too many variation of trees, I know that you were trying to make the landscape look more unique and natural but honestly it looks too messy, it’s best to stick to 1-2 tree variants and have multiple different sizes for each of the tree, don’t make them too large.
  • The windows should not be glowing brightly, it is possible but it does not fit the aesthetic of the daylight, you don’t need light sources outside at day because the sun overpowers them all.
  • Add flowers and bushes on the ground, makes the scene more colorful and decorated.
  • Lower the sun brightness, it’s too bright that the color of the scene becomes hard to see.
2 Likes

It’s not harsh at all, thank you for the criticism. I’m sure it will better the build in the long run :slight_smile:

What a very cartoonish town! I appreciate and really see your town as something that wouls really be recommendable to be played by children because your houses looks very colorful. I’m pretty children would loce cartoonish and colorful games. Though if you would, you should lessen the trees and stick to a one model tree, because the appearance would look less pleasing if there’s too many types of trees and this would really be confusing in what the game’s atmosphere or environment would be. I would really recommend you use this type of tree,

To make your game have a descent tree appearance and also because sticking to one model tree, would really make your map look more organized.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback ill be adding all the suggestions soon :slight_smile:

This actually looks really nice. One thing I would add would be a small construction site and maybe some trees with a blocky type of leaves instead of sphere. Also maybe only make random lights glow. Hope this helps.

1 Like

This looks great, keep up the good work! :+1:

1 Like

Starting off, it looks extremely nice! I noticed a couple things you can improve to make your low poly town more better.

I love what you’ve done so far, the houses give a really great feel to the place but it feels a little bit plain. Maybe you could add some decorative grass, or even just add some more trees instead of duplicating the same ones around the entire map. You could also fill the empty plots with homes or shops! I’d also play around with the trees a bit, since you’re going for a more cartoonish/low-poly feeling.

Then you could possibly add different types of trees and maybe remove some because they would kinda fit in a more forest type area. Maybe add some more vegetation throughout the map because the hill parts are just throw with trees on there maybe add different types of building around there with some grass, bushes, mushrooms, flowers and other types of plants so it could have a good feel to it.

Other than that there’s really not much to improve on your build, it looks amazing and very pleasing to look at.

1 Like