Feedback on low poly tree assets

Hello,

I’ve built a few trees recently and I wanna know if there are any issues with some of the trees since I’m planning on including them with some of my building showcases in the upcoming future. I’ll try my best to improve these asset tree’s as I get more into depth with building amazing low poly showcases soon. Thank you. :slight_smile:

(upload://1HbJjyjmCP6JbtLzHmD3SDgQzRp.png)

3 Likes

Not entirely sure what the first picture meant to be, looks like a plant, but the other trees that you done looks good. It’s got the groovy feeling!

My favourite one is the last one, looks good!

1 Like

The palms might need some bending, not all palms are growing right up. They have some irregularity to their stem sometimes. I’m bothered how palms’ classification, as a vegetation, is very strange, sometimes they are trees and sometimes they aren’t.

Second tree. There something about the foliage. Yes, the foliage needs some extra sizing up. Unless you’re picking those trees where they had their branches cut off, which are commonly found in certain urban areas.

Third tree seems to be fine, but you may add variation to the foliage with different rotation on each segment.

3 Likes

Those are some good models but you can bring a lot of improvements in it.
Here are some tutorials you can watch to improve these.

1 Like

It’s a nice start, but there are ways to make it better.

The palm tree needs some bending, they don’t always grow straight up. The leaves should also have inconsistent bending. The bottom trunk has to be scaled down throughout the top.

For the 2nd picture, the trunk should also be scaled down with the branches. I recommend watching low poly tutorials on YouTube, they help out a lot and gives explanations of what makes a tree.

1 Like

It’s an island with palm trees on it.

1 Like

You’re going to want bends and abnormalities in anything to do with nature, especially with then bend of a palm tree (as Zynkuru stated in regards to the palm tree). Nature is rather hard to do because, in my opinion, there needs to be a certain normality to the chaos even though that sounds paradoxical.
It’s not a good idea to start with the low poly style in my opinion, and I emphasize style because there can be rather detailed builds that are extremely low poly, so for trees I’d make what I wanted it to look like with no regard to tri counts and then remake it but lower poly and the style you want, mayhaps you’d need to change some things but you’d get a more natural feel to the overall product in my opinion.

2 Likes

As an amateur builder, everything looks decent except for the trunk of the tree in the first image. It looks sort of unnatural and repetitive.

1 Like