Feedback on main menu UI

Hello,

I have recently started a game called ‘Lost’, the game is basically a singleplayer story game (but better) and you get lost in a forest. I made the main menu UI and the camera script. Here’s an image:

Note that there are 3 camera angles that are picked randomly, so you may not get the same angle as shown in the picture. Also note that the UI doesn’t really work on phones as of now. I will be adding responsive UI though.

Game Link:

8 Likes

The main menu looks well-made so far! I wouldn’t really give any feedback on anything so far other than making the title less mundane by resizing it to make it stand out and changing the font you see fit for the genre of the game.

1 Like

It’s… bland. It looks fine but the buttons and theme are generic. IMO the buttons would look better with text only. Also the “LOST” text, you might wanna move it closer to the center, following the rule of 3rds in photography; it makes things more spottable and readable, allowing consumers to digest what’s on their screen quickly and easily.
The rule of 3rds is when you have “imaginary” lines, splitting your screen into 9 segments. The lines that border these segments should be utilized. Generally, the main focus is at the center. This doesn’t really apply to GUI but the “LOST” text took a second to notice and read.

2 Likes

I like the cleanliness of the UI but maybe too clean. I currently feels too empty. I would move the logo to the right center and size it up. For the buttons I would center to the left and size them up too.

I’d consider enlarging the content a bit. There’s a lot of free space and it looks a bit odd. Scale up the buttons a bit maybe

I have updated the game. When you press the play button, you the menu will animate to the play menu, where you can press “Player Singleplayer” to get teleported to a game. (Not even close to started yet lol)