Feedback on map

I just built this game for 1 hours and i need some feedbacks on this map:

All script were made by Leonii_Dev

Link to game: Hurah's island - Roblox

Thanks for your time!

Please, put the link in the post itself and add a proper title.

This belongs better in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations but your game is nice. You could add more to it… the blur is too much.

Like @Luxorz said, it should go in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations. Anyways, it does look quite nice with the grass and all, but a little lack luster.

Nice stuff.

Hey there,

Overall I think it’s a good showcase place to present in a portfolio for example and I like the good usage of the roblox terrain and materials system. I’m sure that it’s not yet done, because it looks kind of empty right now. This is definitely good progress for one hour and I really hope you continue sticking to building. I’ve noticed some aspects that I disliked, which you can hopefully then implement:

First I noticed the z-fighting going on at the tree branches and the that the tree branches have a little gap between them. You might want to fix that and if you want add more branches to make the tree look more advanced.

Secondly I noticed the green string holding the light. To me the color green looked out of place and doesn’t really fit to the lamp. Also as you can see in the screenshot the sun is too bright from time to time so you might want to fix that as well.

I’ve also got some suggestions for you and your scripter:

Firstly I think you should expand the map a little more. The current map is very small and make the borders higher (the grass surrounding the entire map). One house is kind of boring so why not make a little medieval themed city out of it. You guys should also add a dock with a leading pathway from the city to the dock. This gives the player more options to look at and makes the gameplay less boring.

Overall definitely continue the hustle, good luck with all your project in future. I hope to see you on the forums soon again. :smiley:

1 Like

There isn’t much placed on the map itself if this is a showcase, map for a sort of game try throwing more props and expanding the terrain a bit more so you could add more depth to the scene. There is fairly a few items that are interesting but lacks proper work.

Terrain, trees, shrubs, plants, cottage small ponds/ lakes: there are a bunch of ways to make your map stand out and look interesting to players eyes since it’s more of a map try expanding it so the area could feature more props instead of less empty’s. Perhaps if your going for a simplistic sort of design at a first glance, you don’t want to overdo the details just try a few props to enhance the map a bit more.

For a map, there is very little that makes it look attractive to users or detailed if your going for they approach. Try including UI designs if it is a Showcase try to make the place feature those props just to show your building details.

I like the start of the map but it could feature more you could even plan your props to fit the style your wanting to achieve if your wanting a realistic look add effects to add a bit of realism.

Best of luck with your build.

1 Like