Feedback on Medieval Sword

Hey everyone! I’ve just finished modeling a sword for practice using blender! How does it look? Feedback is very appreciated!

(The handle to the blade part looks a bit abnormal to me.)

Total Tris: 42,114.

11 Likes

Looks great, one thing I can recommend is to reduce the tris. 42k for a sword is quite high. Reducing the tris will also allow you to add more detail. Such as beveling the handle.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Hopefully blender won’t crash when I try to bevel the handle. I have a potato PC. :sob:

2 Likes

Reducing the tris will help a ton with that

2 Likes

The sword looks great! I like the look of it.

If you allow constructive critisism, I’d say, the blade looks a bit short compared to the handle and looks a bit dull to me, feeling like it won’t cut through anything that easily.

Other than that, I like the texture and style, the shape looks alright to me.

2 Likes

This looks very detailed and great! I think the issue with the handle is that it isn’t smooth. Would you hold a pointy handle like that?

1 Like

Very detailed, well blended colors, overall you did a great job!

1 Like

This is really good, trust me. It’s very detailed and the texture looks realistic! Very, in fact.
The blade just looks a bit stubby. I usually think of swords with longer blades.
Anyway, great job! :grin:

1 Like

That is a great realistic looking sword.

Nothing wrong with it, just add like a bit of a shiny effect at the edge (if you don’t understand this i’m sorry)

I have a question, is that usable as starter pack?

1 Like

I’m mainly a builder on the platform however I can say with this model that you have made in blender I can say that this is absolutely fantastic, I have no suggestions because I think that it is perfect.

Keep up the good work, also there is a category for posting creations here called Cool Creations where you can show off your model and or creations.

Happy Building / Modeling!
stickza

1 Like