Feedback on my 2000x2000 stud terrain map!

This is a map I made for my friend’s talent show game. It took me around 2-3 days whole with alot of pain on sitting in one place.

Anyways here are the screenshots.

I hope you liked this map, I hope to make more in the future but obviously on a larger scale!

8 Likes

Wait, this is all just for a talent show? Are Players going to explore the map, at least?

Otherwise, looks pretty detailed, so great job on that!

4 Likes

Well I have some plans to add some hiking trails so they can like climb so of the mountains and have different angles to view the show from…

2 Likes

Terrain is beautiful, no complaints at all. But if this is all for just a talent show, then why did you spend so long on it? I feel like this wasn’t a good use of such a beautiful map. After the talent show is over, you should repurpose the map for a showcase game or something.

5 Likes

I spent so much time on this map because I like the feel of big open maps that feel like the terrain never ends. I saw that many games lack this aspect and only build rock walls around the map and put nothing behind the walls making it feel empty. And you’re right re-purposing this map into a showcase would be a smart move to be honest.

1 Like

Alright, I kind of get the same feeling with maps, a lot of games just have a rock wall then void, and you went beyond that. Was a little worried that this beautiful map was just gonna be unused after a one time thing lol

2 Likes

Walling off maps may be the better choice in this case though. Many games do it not as a cheap alternative to a large landscape but by choice to optimize the game’s performance and confine the players to areas they can interact with each other and experience gameplay. A talent show does not sound particularly fun if the crowd is frolicking in a field 2k studs away, but a gameplay loop involving exploration would certainly benefit from the size.

2 Likes

Hiking trails will probably be added as there will be different angles you can view the show from!

1 Like

That’s a good idea to encourage players to explore the map, also it looks so immersive that i would do a few NPC guides like “people working on the talent show” that tell players they can hike and find great spots to see to show from the mountains

2 Likes