Feedback on my 2016 Audi R8

Good afternoon,

Today I would like to showcase my 2016 Audi R8 I made in Blender. It took me about 2-3 days of working constantly. This is my fourth attempt on making cars. If someone can give me some feedback, that would be amazing! (Don’t be nice)

Images

Blueprint

14232-mid

Again, as I said, I am new to modeling cars in blender, any type of feedback would be amazing! I had to screenshot the images from my folder cause the files were too big, can someone teach me how to upload big files to the Devforum? Thanks, take care!

(Edit) Make sure to check my updated model.

2021-06-14T16:00:00Z

12 Likes

I don’t know why you don’t want us to be nice but ok. The car is a bit smooth and blocky to be a aerodynamic car. the black side part should be inset, the windows are a bit blank maybe a bit more reflection, the wheels are nice but I recommend a little bit more on them.

1 Like

Thanks, I also agree with most of the stuff you are saying, I don’t understand the blocky part, can you please tell me more about it?

Most super cars have more of a sleak look I am just saying its a bit blocky and simplistic.

Very detailed and nice; how many triangles did the Audi have?

1 Like

A lot man, I know for a fact I can not import this into roblox.

1 Like

Anyways, here it is image

Looks neat either way man, I wish Roblox can focus on upgrading their engine to have cool models like this on the platform!

1 Like

I totally agree with that, I think 10,000 verts is not enough.

Personally, I really like it. The Audi R8 Coupe is actually my favorite car, I think you did a very good job, considering you’re new. Wow. Amazing man. Great job and keep up the great work and effort!:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the feedback!

i would advise you to not use the Subdivision modifier. try modeling a car without using it I think it will turn out better for you. especially because you still new to car modeling. because ur missing a lot of sharp edges. keep going :grinning:

1 Like

I like it a lot I just think you could’ve made the same thing but with a lot less triangles.

1 Like

Thank you, I will keep that in mind next time!

Looks cool, but doesn’t strike a pose like the actual car. It’s very smooth. Not something Iron Man would drive.

I really like it, though.

1 Like

(Update)

I got rid of the subdivision surface modifier and I played with the model for a bit, and this is how it turned out. (once i got rid of the modifier everything was way better)

Not smoothed

Smoothed

also i forgot to mention, each model had around 4-5k verts.

1 Like

Dude its great ive been intrested by modeling but its hard XD

1 Like