Feedback on my 2nd GFX

Hello! I’m Quantum_Rio, and a week ago I released my first GFX. But today, I have finished my 2nd one, for my friend, CaptainCru_uxy. It was based on the game we are making, “The Greatest High!”. The GFX will be shown below! :smile:

Some things to get out of the way:

• The background is not mine, it is a colour tweak I did to the amazing open-source background that @boatbomber created. (thank you so much)
  • The background is purple by CaptainCru_uxy’s choice.
  • The green figure behind him is a stand. You will know about this if you have watched Part 3 in JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, where you first see stands.
  • The green glow is being created by the stand.
  • The stand’s name is C-Moon, and C moon is to do with gravity, hence the quote of “Do you believe in gravity?”
  • The model is CaptainCru_uxy’s, I asked him which one he wanted me to use!
    Keep in mind that this is only my 2nd GFX.
    Please supply me with feedback!
    Thank you so much for viewing it, hope you have a great day. :smile:
3 Likes

I think you did great on this one! Although I would add shadow on the person behind the person in the white shirt. To give it more depth. But all and all, I think this is good!

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 3.36.11 PM
This is the area I’m talking about where you should put the shadow.

2 Likes

I’ll make sure to tweak that at some point, thank you!

1 Like

The light looks fairly boring but I like how you curved the arms. I don’t think the background looks very good for your scene. Maybe add a light that’s purple and point it from the back or something that looks cool I guess. Also suggest tilting the camera a bit. The shading is also a bit flat so maybe have more shadows

1 Like

I’ll make sure to use your advice, it’ll be very useful in the future! Thank you!

1 Like

It looks good, especially if you’re just starting out with making GFXs! However, I do have a few things to recommend that would make the GFX even better.

1, Since it’s a stand, perhaps put an aura around the user and maybe even around the stand? It would look more like a stand, and it would also make the scene more interesting. (By aura, I mean the flame-like thing that appears around stand users such as Jotaro or Josuke.)
2, The background doesn’t really go with the scene. I would recommend something more related to the quote or the stand for a background.
3, The shadows and lighting are a bit bland. I’m not sure what render engine you’re using, but Cycles is better then Eevee for lighting and shadows. I would recommend using Cycles if you’re hoping to achieve better shadows and lighting in the future.

Other than that, it looks good!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve came to the decision that I’ll remake the entire GFX soon. A new idea for the background and pose has come into mind, and that means the main hard part will only be the aura. :smile:

UPDATE: I have finished all aspects of my newer idea apart from the background and the aura, and I’m trying to find ways to learn it right now. :wink:

1 Like

Further update, I have finished the remake. I know that I need to improve on the backgrounds, since this one is quite bland, and I would be doing it soon, but my mouse has been quite un-responsive lately, and that is a huge problem when it comes to practically everything. Other than that, hope you enjoy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes