Feedback on my Armored Personnel Carrier

30mm Cannon
.50 Caliber Machine Gun
And multiple tons of steel barreling down upon it’s enemies.

The Armored Personnel Carrier

This is my first ever vehicle I’ve made ever, so I am pretty proud of it regardless.

If you’re wondering, I had issues regarding unions and how at times they would disappear randomly, which sucked but hadn’t set me back extensively. The two main problems I had were with the Cannon Head and the Hull, both of which are seen in the photo are remakes.

The original head for the Cannon and Machine Gun was stubby and short in design, and my APC Model was too thick for it. And the Hull was also too long for a short cannon head, which had originally prompted me to redesign both to better suit the rest of the vehicle.

Most of the big parts (Barrels, Wheels, Plating, etc.) are unions and parts I exported and then imported to turn them into meshes.

This took me a total of 2 Days to design and build, enjoy!
Also, I suggest you turn a majority of big unions into meshes so they don’t disappear on you and force you to start from scratch or rebuild them!

14 Likes

This looks really good, I would probably add a bit of detail to the tires though. Very nice for taking 2 days.

2 Likes

I did try to add detail to the tires by adding bolts (spheres) to them, alongside having a bunch of inner-cylinders, though they are very hidden under the harsh shadows, but I do plan on adding detail onto the build later-on when I am much more experienced with vehicles in general!

Thanks for the advice!

Woah! This looks very nice.

Maybe try to add some letters and numbers to the side to give it some detail, like this:

2 Likes

Well to be honest, in my opinion the Armored Personell Carrier you made isan impressive model.
Though I would want to recommend the carrier to have a camouflauge color. Though in all, you did a good job in making the model and hope you continue to improve this.

3 Likes

I do hope to try and add some sort of camoflauge texture to the model!