Feedback on my art?

How would I need to improve my art at the moment, and am I ready for commissions?!

Untitled118_20200329104048|386x500

11 Likes

I must say, it looks great with each detail put into it looks fairly awesome! With improving, I got nothing much to say about what to add or remove. As for commissions, I think you might be ready to do that, but maybe showcase some art as well.

Keep it up! :+1:

1 Like

As a artist I would say that it looks fairly nice, my only problem is that the shading could be improved
a little bit of clean up with the lines and it would look fairly nice I like your style. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think your art is good! I love that you included a background as well, I personally, struggle with those haha. I also think that the colors in the piece are pretty well chosen and go with each other nicely. However, I think it might help to use the airbrush a little bit less so that there can be a better balance between the soft and hard edges. Other than that, I think you might be ready for commissions.

1 Like

I love it, it is very different to what I usually seen done, but that is a good thing. Keep up the great work. :))

2 Likes

Eh, as a person who likes to critique art, it looks rather bland and unattractive, reminding me of my 2017-18 GIMP art. The improvements I would suggest before you go into your art commission business:

• Try to make the shading more realistic. Add more shadows and highlights to the shading, because your art is mostly middle-tone. Rely on a variety of tools such as airbrushes and smudging to improve the shading. Don’t be afraid of gradient, it can make your sky more beautiful!! Try to make those mountains more like mountains instead of big triangles.
  • Cleaning up the line work (messy and pixelated lines look amateur) and maybe adding pen pressure to give the lines a natural feel
  • Those cupped fingers look quite off. Try studying anatomy a little more to make your character less awkward-looking.
3 Likes

I am “decent” at art, so I can give you tips to improve your art:

1. I’d recommend moving the eyes away from each other and making them a bit smaller.
  2. As the other guy said, the hands of your character look weird. You need to study anatomy a lot more since it’s one of your weakest points right now.
  3. The hair looks kind of stiff, as if it was just glued together. This is easy to fix. You should watch the Drawing HAIR: 5 Beginner Mistakes to Avoid video by Torch Brener. It’s really well done and nice for beginners.
  4. The shading and lighting are all over the place and don’t really make sense.
  5. Overall, it’s ok. But you can still improve a lot!
    Cheers!

I personally think it looks good I just don’t understand the big eyes. Otherwise, everything else about it looks good and I think you would be ready for commissions because I think people would probably want this a discord profile or something along those lines.