Feedback on my classic RPG-style game - Lost Story Adventures

Hello all,

Hoping to get some feedback on my game - Lost Story Adventures .

First Draft Video Trailer:

The game is inspired by classic RPGs of yesteryear - Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, older Pokemon games. You play as the Hero from Another World, summoned by the Emperor to aid their realm in this time of need. Wild monsters known as MagiMon run amok, the people are terrorized by the evil MegaCorp, the Victory Stars need to be reclaimed, while the Spirit Leaders hide in their towers. Behind all the misfortune is the dastardly Dark Lord. Armed with your smart phone, only You can save this world!

At its core, this is a classical RPG adventure, with puzzles, monster capture/training mechanics, 2D turn-based battles up to 3 vs 4, NPC quests, along with “jobs” such as letter deliveries, mining, lumberjacking, and more. Players can purchase and customize their own house, craft new items for use in battle, and collect cards from fallen opponents. Along the way, players can trade monsters and cards with one other players, challenge each other to trainer battles, and card clashes. Players can choose from five different “Hero Voices”, or go with No Voices at all for that extra RPG feel. The game does have an opening still image cut scene, with additional scenes to be added. There are currently five large areas to explore with dungeons, caves, sewers, forests, cities, wrecked ships, etc. making up the maps.

Example of battle:

Some of the models/scenes:

Dog

Game Link: [beta] Lost Story Adventures RPG - Roblox

Currently have the game restricted to just five players per server for testing purposes.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thank you!

2 Likes

Incredible, I was surprised, the idea is very good, keep it up. :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: Any thoughts or suggestions for improvements?

The game looks pretty good! Nice job! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley: Please let me know if you have any thoughts for improvement!

I really like this game and looks but I feel like the Ui looks like you ripped it off of google and pasted than making your own other than that can’t wait for the release!

1 Like

looks quite good but the gui is a bit… ehm. also, i didnt play this. whats the storyline?

Thanks for the feedback! I can assure you the GUI was not ripped from Google. :slight_smile: Although it was inspired by the way smart phones are laid out!

Thanks for taking the time! Do you have any GUI feedback? What exactly about the design throws you off? The smart phone menu in the corner? Or the battle system? :slight_smile: I have updated the main menu GUI since I made this post to be larger and fill out the screen more.

Story: You play as the Hero from Another World, summoned by the Emperor to aid their realm in this time of need. Wild monsters known as MagiMon run amok, the people are terrorized by the evil MegaCorp, the Victory Stars need to be reclaimed, while the Spirit Leaders hide in their towers. Behind all the misfortune is the dastardly Dark Lord. Armed with your smart phone, only You can save this world!