Feedback on my composed beats

Hello! I’m davidiscooI, and I’m mainly a builder / 3D modeler on this platform. You can check out my portfolio and twitter here to see some of my creations:
My Devforum Portfolio
My Twitter

Recently I’ve been interested in composing my own music, lately I have been learning FL Studio to make my own beats, and I’m hoping to be able to compose music for Roblox games. I’d like some feedback on these beats that I made and uploaded to YouTube!

Lofi Chill Type Beat - Midnight

Lofi Chill Type Beat - Lucid

Any sort of feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lacks a lot of variation through the songs, or at least, noticeable or notable variations that could improve it. It is full of repetitions. I don’t really know if you can improve some proper transition that can tell when a change is made.

1 Like
  • Soul/Jazz/Acoustic/Vaporwave melodies would be highly recommended.

• White noise is also very important in this case. Distort the sound. Not in a bad way, but in a way which makes it more nostalgic. Maybe a little low EQ?

• Reverb is very important too. Don’t pump your song with it, but use it a bit more than you would use in other genres.

• Now, the beats are ok, but they lack variation. Maybe add a percussion here and there, or a top-loop, etc. If you need sample packs for your drums, I would highly suggest Cymatics.

• Also, use samples. It may seem difficult to sample songs, and some might call it “stealing” other peoples’ work, but believe me, it will make your song sound good in the long run. It is a tedious process, so you will need to experiment a bit, but you’ll get it in no time.

Lo-Fi hip-hop is essentially just boom-bap beats layered on top of chill/jazzy melodies.

Overall, great work! The songs sound awesome, just polish them up a little bit. Very keen on listening to your future pieces! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes