Feedback on My Fire Effect Render?

:crossed_swords:Hello, Recently I have been thinking how i can make a fire effect without tutorials. So may i have everyone’s feedback? Ty :sparkling_heart:

(FYI: I might need to Improve some lighting without using any hdri’s. Im quite gonna be new using other lighting methods.)

17 Likes

Personally, I think it looks amazing! That alone could suffice!

2 Likes

10/10. Awesome! How did you do that?

1 Like

I’d say the fire looks very good, although I do have a few notes.

• The first issue is the similarity between your 2 fire balls, they’re duplicates aren’t they? Fire seems very random, so seeing similarities will quickly burn away realism

• Second, the fire has little impact on lighting, if you could have some glow through the finger gape and on the body, it’ll greatly improve appearance.

• Lastly, the fire may have a bit of an elastic appearance due to the tops, this may just be me over analyzing though

Probably thousands of hours ahead of my GFX ability though, so nice

3 Likes

I do really appreciate the notes that you have given me. I will try my best to Improve the Effects.

All i had to do is to delete few of the parts. :joy:

At first glance this looked really good, but the further I looked at it, I had second thoughts. I’m unsure if you only want feedback on the fire effect, but just to be safe, I’ll give you my feedback on the entire render (opinions could never hurt!)

• Change the head color to black (or Really Black depending on what matches the rest of the outfit better)
  • Get rid of the sparkles (you have a menacing assassin / ninja wearing all black and holding fire, yet have these cute sparkles in the background). It might seem little to you, but it’s too contradictory to ignore, at least enough to ruin the entire render for me.

Once you get rid of the sparkles, along with the colored lighting from the aura, this has a lot more potential. The fire effect doesn’t look too bad, but as @alphawolvess said, you should make it more randomized. The red also throws me for a loop, something just looks off. I think the quantity of red is just off, maybe just add it on the outlines of the fire (skinny though, not as much or as big as you have). Otherwise, the transparency looks really good.

On the good side, the render in it’s entirety came out really nice. I would consider adding the stone on his chest to both sides if you can, but that’s more minor if anything. The eyes really catch my attention. Good job!

1 Like

Looks very good but I think you should change the colour of the hands to maybe an extremely darker grey because it really blends in with the background making it very hard to notice the hands.

1 Like

The hands are practically same as the bundle i used for the render. And posed it on Studio by using Moon Animator.

When you said Randomized Do you mean i have to change the effects?

I’m pretty sure there’s a way you could change it on Blender

The fire looks great! It looks pretty lit if I do say so myself. Well done!

1 Like

beautiful, great job on this. I like everything about it.

1 Like