Feedback on my first cars!

I would not suggest turning on double sided because, although that will fix how it looks, it doesn’t fix the root of the problem, which is in Blender. I had this problem a while ago, so I am going to attach a link to that topic where someone explained how to fix this. Blender export trouble

I would make sure your normals on the spots that are wrong are set correctly

1 Like

I’m back! This time with another car that I need some feedback on, I’ve updated the post and title! Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 6.10.29 PM

1 Like

Just looking at it, the lights and grill are WAY too small for this truck. I would move the lights up to the “notch” above and make most of the bottom section as the grill. The wheels look a bit small too. Also, the sides seem a bit bland. I would recommend adding door handles, door outlines, and maybe a stripe.

I’m on it!

I actually shrieked the wheels because I thought they were too large :sweat_smile: I’ll try and adjust them.

How would I add these? Where would the stripe go?

I’ve messed with the Front lights and the wheels a bit. So here you go!
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.00.59 AM
Also, I realized I forgot to show you guys the back! I’m just gonna show it in this post so I’m not bumping the topic.
Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.06.03 AM

If you just search “truck” you can find a reference like this.

As you can see, the doors have little black outlines and at the bottom, between the wheels, there is a little indent. Most of the time this is a stripe or an indent, as is the case in this image.

Looks much better.

I’ve updated the posts to include the last car! Since I now have my first three cars (for now) I am taking feedback on all of the cars! I’d appreciate any feedback!!

Also, anyone know the best way to import? Right now I’m using the asset manager but it gets the positions messed up. If you know a better way let me know!

Thanks to @goalmwo, @NickIsANuke, and @Iost_sock for helping out with the other cars!

1 Like

When you insert the models do you use insert with location?

1 Like

Looks good! Personally, I would make different lights for each one as they look sort of alike at the moment. Same with the grill.

Looks incredible! Maybe try adding more texture?

Yep! Looks good!
But in my opinion you should modify the front and back of the cars a bit. :+1:

How so? Is there a certain part to texture or the whole thing?

How should I modify them? Raise them? Lower them? Add something on them?

I don’t see any option to do this? :man_shrugging:
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 6.59.51 AM
I see a rescaling option, grouping option, and something I don’t understand option, but nothing to do with position. It usually stacks them on top of each other at the coordinates (0,0,0). Maybe its in another place I haven’t found?

That sounds good! I’ll try it out and see how it looks! If you have any grill or light designs you think would look good I’ll take them!! :cool:

1 Like

Just look at the representative cars to what you’re designing, for example for the truck look at some Ford 4x4s, such as the F150.
For the smaller one, I would try circular lights, most smaller cars have those.

Maybe add some side mirrors but other then that looks good.

I’m back! I’ve taken some time to re-shape the lights and grill to make them each unique, what are your thoughts now?
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 6.29.16 PM
The trucks grill is taller, while the fords grill is not as wide as the normal mustang. For the lights the truck has bulky lights, ford has circle-y lights and the mustang has the og lights! :grin:

2 Likes

Looks nicer, remember that you can always make new cars in future updates of your game so it doesn’t need to be perfect!

1 Like