Feedback on my first cars!

Hello! I just recently modeled my first low-poly cars, a mustang and a pickup truck :grin:! I feel like they’re missing something but I don’t know what. What’s your feedback on them? I’ve updated the post and added pictures for the final car I’m planning to add! Thoughts?

Mustang
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 9.27.58 AM

Pickup Truck
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 6.10.29 PM

Ford (And all the other cars in one pic)

19 Likes

Looks very good for your first car but maybe try to add side mirrors

2 Likes

Looks nice for your first attempt! I have a few suggestions:

It looks pretty flat as it slopes down to the side, which I see a lot of people struggle with. A mustang has a smooth curve down to the wheel arches.

Even if you don’t want to copy the Mustang inch-for-inch, I would personally add some nicer lights (not circular!) and even a grill.

I would add a more curved design to those windows, not necessarily at the front but certainly at the back where the whole body curves down to meet the spoiler.

Add a back window!!! Need to be able to see out the back.

Very good for a first attempt though!

1 Like

I like this idea a lot! How would you suggest I go about them though? Should I make them like the lights in the back?
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.49.53 AM
(Here is a picture of the back)

1 Like

Yeah definitely, Looks nicer than just the circles. Alternatively, you could get an image of an actual mustang and model the lights from that. Up to you!

1 Like

Sounds good! I’ve been going by this reference btw:
CarReference
And I couldn’t see the lights so I just improvised :frowning:. I’ll just go by the lights in your picture!

2 Likes

Looks very nice!

Good job, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve messed with the windows, lights, and smoothed out the rim! Here is the new car, any opinions?
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.13.50 PM

I’ll add the back window soon :grin:

2 Likes

Mushc nicer! Very good for a first try. Last thing I would recommend is adding a grill.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely try! Totally forgot about that, I’m gonna have to get some inspiration. Hence it will take a while to get it good!

2 Likes

I’ve moved the lights apart, spruced up the wheels, and added a grill! Thoughts?

2 Likes

Much nicer! Looks a lot better than it did.

If you want to expand your blender skills more, try some other complex designs or even a more detailed car.

1 Like

but the reference picture you were basing it off of is a nissan gtr r35 not a mustang
aside from that, it looks really nice for a first car!
feedback: maybe you could try to push the top of the car in more so it has some angle, as right now the side of the car is just one flat face.

1 Like

About the reference, I know nothing about cars. I literally just googled mustang and this popped up :sweat_smile:. Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll try and find another picture to fix it with!

1 Like

I don’t know if you did this, but it’s possible to insert an image into blender. From there, you can make the outline of the car using the image as a refrence, which will make it a lot easier to make.

That’s almost exactly what I did! Except I inserted a background so when I went into side view it appeared, and if your not in that view then it disappears. I find it very convenient and helps with the process a ton!

Looks great, will look even better with smooth shade in my opinion.

Anyone know why it looks like this when I import it into studio?
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 5.57.32 PM
@goalmwo @Dan_foodz @Iost_sock

1 Like

idk if this will work but try selecting all of the meshes that you just imported, and check the doublesided property in the “properties” tab.

Oh yeah in the mesh go into the properties and press “Doubled Sided” something like that… Unless! Your faces are flipped if it does work. I can help you get into that if you having even more trouble!