Feedback on my first clean, modern UI attempt, and first UI over-all

This is a recent attempt at a clean, modern UI I made for my game, what do you think?

7 Likes
  1. Move the top text to the center or to the left side.

2. Make the checker gradient image stronger and more visible

5 Likes

Notes:

• The text here is English, which is read from left to right. Thus, the title of the UI should be on the left side, not the right. (Red)
  • The text color for the textButtons do not contrast enough with its background. This can make it hard for people to read what it says. I would increase that contrast/the brightness of the text. (White)
  • There appears to be a gradient on the textButtons. I personally would not use one there, but it is preference. (light blue)

Other than what I have noted, the UI looks good to me! The use of a checkered pattern for the background of the title area is a nice touch.

5 Likes

I took into account all of the changes you guys suggested but the faded checker-design (I’m working on making it more opaque since I made it transparent in the .png) and the button gradient (I made it a bit more subtle tho).

4 Likes

Center the gosh darn text at the top! It makes me cry… other than that it is good! I like the UI!

2 Likes

Here’s how it looks centered:

I also aligned the other text to the left, let me know if it looks any better!

3 Likes

It looks perfect… thank you. I can live in peace.

I love the UI design! It looks very cool and I personally dig it.
Good job!

2 Likes

Thank you! It is my first proper attempt at designing UI.

2 Likes

I also fixed some aligning issues so we can all rest peacefully at night. Very little difference, but it was turning my brain upside down.

Old:

New:

3 Likes

This UI looks VERY good! Nice job on it!

3 Likes

Looks great I like the style! I would suggest brightening it up a bit though, maybe increase the saturation a bit or the vibrance? Just seems a little too dark imo. Also not really sure if the checkered pattern on the top really fits, looks a little too generic imo, but depending on the game it might actually work perfectly. Other than that though amazing job dude I like it keep it up hope to see some more stuff from you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made one final adjustment, I added some hover effects for the buttons, let me know how it looks!

robloxapp-20240227-1519329.wmv (153,8 KB)

(I didn’t mean to reply, sorry)

1 Like