Feedback on my first clothing design

I recently designed my first roblox clothing item today, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on it? I’m open to constructive criticism, as it will only help me improve in the future. Thanks for taking the time to help :slight_smile:
Here’s the link:

Link to the catalog page

harnessed - Roblox

3 Likes

Try to improve these parts. Why is there such a big gap? why is there something cut out?

1 Like

Yeah, I was kind of worried about how those specific areas would translate onto the character model from the template. I’ll have to go back and fix it. Thanks for letting me know!

1. The pink outline doesn’t match/ touch up. It would look better if all points met.
  2. The slit in the dress is not aligned completely.
  3. The straps stop at the top of the torso, therefore there are straps but not on the shoulders.
  4. There is a uneven dark outline around the straps; not sure if that is due to the brush you used.
  5. Do not use complete black as it makes the outfit look quite flat.

I could criticize more, but these are the main points I found.

If you need help with clothing or feedback, send me a PM and I am more than happy to teach you more about clothing design or how to improve! (I’ll send you a PM)

2 Likes

That’s very nice of you to offer! I’d love some tips as I’m just a beginner. I see what you’re saying about the outlines and the colors. As for the straps, I completely forgot to put them on (idk how I didn’t catch that haha). Thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

The shirt is just okay, you could try be more creative and add more designs of the shirt. Overall, this can be a 4/10. Keep it up.

If possible, create one for R15.

1 Like

Looks cute and neat for a beginner on clothing designing. I suggest fixing those gaps as shown by @GlazeStorage

Also, I suggest try making that clothing in various attractive colours, and with some pictures on the clothing, like a picture of a hand-drawn cartoon cat or something like that

1 Like

I just saw you drew the under thing by yourself.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t find any textures I really liked, so I decided to draw it myself.

1 Like