Feedback on my first finished Build

Ok, this is my first finished build, if you saw the last build feedback topic then you would know what changed and what didn’t. If you are wondering, the last topic was the unfinished build, and this is the finished one.
What would you rate it from x/10?

Here is an image and a video:

Feedback is wanted, what improvements can I make?
This is the 100% finished product from the feedback:

14 Likes

If you tell me what it is then I will be able to tell you how it is. Not being mean I just can’t tell what it is.

2 Likes

A portal, but without the animations it doesn’t look as good, that’s why I need a video

1 Like

Try uploading the video to YouTube. At the moment I can’t tell you how it looks as I don’t fully know what it does, what it is and how it looks.

2 Likes

ok, I got the video on the thing

1 Like

7/10

Maybe Add a bit more like different colors. Instead of using grey?

2 Likes

are you taking about the background? its just the portal

1 Like

Oh Ok, Well overall it looks good!

1 Like

Really cool animation! Maybe add some decorations on the sides of the arms? I also like the sci-fi vibe. It would be cool if you scripted it to actually Teleport as well.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will script it to teleport, but for the sake of the video, I disabled it. How will I add decors to the side of the arms? You don’t have to reply, I’ll think about it if you don’t.

1 Like

Just a few ideas based off a recreation I made of one of the arms:
Outer highlights:

Inner highlights:

Combo:

@VegetationBush, feel free to DM me if you want a copy of the place file to see how it works.

2 Likes

I ended up doing this lol:

2 Likes

I would rate it 7/10
Pros: Interesting, intriguing and very unique design. Colouring is fab and it is appealing to the eye

Cons: Not much to it. If it had terrain around it, theme around it or a location it would look a lot better. For a higher rating, add more things around it. Though, if we are talking just the build I would say avoid using lots of neon. It isn’t the best of material and I personally don’t like the glow of it. Use a different material for the spikes, however for the floating bit I’d keep it neon.

Furthermore, add more details to the leg of the build. At the moment the are just purple bricks, judging of the way you built the rest you could probably make it much more interesting.

Overall score: 6.5/7 out of 10

1 Like

As much as I like the detail you added you should probably put a bit more on.
Maybe some bolts, if it’s set to super Sci-Fi then maybe add a pipe connecting to the floor etc. I am not experienced in this kind of build but it is my personal opinion.

1 Like

Looks good but it depends on what it will be used for. If a cartoon type game, the first images look the best. If sci-fi then with the added neon details. Overall I think it looks epic! 9/10

1 Like

This is amazing!! Wonderful work, definitely improved from the past thread. 9.5/10 (0.5 taken away only because you didn’t teleport anywhere)

Looks great, I like the animation a lot it really goes well with the portal well. The build itself was pretty confusing on what the build was suppose to be, but thank you for saying so in the replies. You should change the title of the thread to “Feedback on my first finished Portal” or something a long those lines. I also believe some detail could be added to the side of the portal to make it look more sci-fi like. Other than that I think your first finished build turned out quite nice, great job! 7/10

Hello, TOP_Crundee123!

In my opinion the portal looks very cool! I think you should remove the neon sphere on the picture. If I rate it out of 10 I would say 8. Good luck on your future work!Opomba%202019-11-17%20180857

I made this for my friend, and possibly to sell if he doesn’t need it, so I didn’t put the teleportation in. Because I didn’t want to have to re record when it teleports accidentally. I disabled the script

1 Like

why should I remove the sphere? It’s there for the animation