Feedback On My First Game (Realm Adventurers)

I would say I’m pretty new and developing as all I’ve done is small projects. I’m not that good of a builder and don’t know how to script well. Any feedback is good or you can give me ideas on what to do and most of my projects get stuck when barely anything is done.
I have made a small section of the map which is where players will spawn but I hope to add more.

There is also a day/night cycle and a loading screen.
I don’t normally like using free models but I used Roblox’s model Test for the starter character which I will change later on to something I have made.
https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/2337256345/Test?pageNumber=2&pagePosition=17&keyword=Test

16 Likes

For a first game its a good start and practice! Just keep messing around and just learning.

5 Likes

I have updated the loading UI.

It is very simple and I don’t know how to do any special things to it now so tell me what you think of it.

3 Likes

Ok I will try to add more things to it.

1 Like

I figured out how to use a UI gradient and added a bit more text and changed the font and colour of the text.

Is there anything else I should add to it?

4 Likes

TweenService? Actually, thats advanced, maybe an Icon?

2 Likes

TweenService isn’t that hard to learn, I’m sure the OP would be able to understand how to use tweening.

3 Likes

I will try using TweenService.

3 Likes

Good luck, I recommend watching TheDevKing, or alvinblox, they both have very good tutorials on tweening parts or gui

1 Like

I looked at their videos and tried changing some numbers and trying different easing styles and it looks good now. I can’t show you it because I don’t have a video recording software and when I record using Roblox’s default one the video quality is bad and it runs at a low framerate for me.

2 Likes

Try OBS, just add desktop capture, press record, run the game, then stop recording, and then use an external site to crop and trim the video.

2 Likes

Here is the video.

2 Likes

Nice, you can also change the size, so you could make the text disappear and then make the black box shrink and then disappear.

3 Likes

Because the game is just and island I will try to make a boat in blender which will be my first complete blender model and it will take players to a bigger island.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea, I’m interested to see what the boat looks like!

2 Likes

Also I have very little experience in blender so it might take a while.

1 Like

So what you mean, is you haven’t made a donut in blender yet right?

It’s a blender joke, if you want to get started with blender, make a donut using the famous blenderguru donut series.

7 Likes

Ok I will do what you said and make the important bits first.

1 Like

I have made a game icon. I’m no good at graphics as seen in my first loading UI.

6 Likes

Looks very nice, but I still don’t know much about this game, what will the main game mechanics be?

1 Like