Feedback on my first game

I was making a “Find the…” Game because it was trending, but I’ve decided to stop for both personal reasons and because the trend was perishing slowly. (I also didn’t have any Robux at the time, so there are no custom sounds, so the collection sound is just a “nice” sound effect from the sound library)

I consider this the first game since this is the only game in which I didn’t use a single free model or complete tutorials online. But I would like to still receive some feedback so I can further improve on any future games that may have similar elements of errors. Thank you

Link to the game: https://www.roblox.com/games/9579875279/Find-The-Cubes

3 Likes

I think the game is far too simple to be enjoyable. There are only 5 boxes, and they’re not even boxes but decals, that are invisible from the other side.
I would say it is great if you made a bigger map and a lot more boxes (actual, 3D boxes).

In future games, make sure that they’re playable for hours, not just for 5 minutes.

Sorry if I was harsh, but I wanted to give an honest feedback to help you improve

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reply, yeah, I definitely agree there is far too little content offered.

Sorry if I was harsh, but I wanted to give an honest feedback to help you improve

Pls don’t be, I really appreciate it, thanks once again.

1 Like

Im a pretty big fan of “Find the” games so its always nice to see new ones pop up.

Obviously your game is unfinished so its hard to give much feedback, but from what you’ve made so far, i’d say its a good start.

Take some inspiration from other “Find the” games, or find people to help you make more cube decals/ make areas in the map.

Also the badges in your game don’t work.

1 Like

A thumbnail is VERY important for any game

1 Like

This is a pretty soild first game. If you plan to improve the game here is what I suggest.

• Rewarding - When you find cubes you want to make it rewarding to the player. You also want to have stuff the player can look up to in the game. Something you could do is to get money for getting cubes where you can by equipment to help find more cubes.

• Levels - I think your first level is very good its simple and introduces the game to the player well. If you plan on adding more levels (another way to make the player look up to stuuff) I have a suggestion I think would be cool if you are able to by a ticket for a boat that takes you to another island.

• Other - Some smaller issues. When you go on index and look at a cubes profile you should make the hint seen by one more button. I wasn’t really wanting a hint when I accidently view it. You can get stuck underground I suggest adding a ladder. I would maybe suggest trying to make the images of the cubes blend in better with the style of the level.

I really liked the looks of the game I think you did well with that. The UI could use some improvement, but overall a strong first game.

1 Like

Take some inspiration from other “Find the” games, or find people to help you make more cube decals/ make areas in the map.

I see, thanks for this suggestion

Also the badges in your game don’t work.

Oops, I guess it’s broken again, thanks for pointing it out

I really appreciate this feedback, thanks a lot.

A thumbnail is VERY important for any game

I see, thanks for this, I will make sure to make a thumbnail for any coming games too, thanks a lot.

Thank you for such an detailed feedback, I definitely agree with all your points. Thanks again for your feedback, I really appreciate it.