Feedback on my first GFX thumbnail!

Hello!
Sorry for flooding cool creations, I’ve really been enjoying doing GFX recently!

You might know me for my music or builds however I’m also a GFX artist! I have created GFX for @Fallen2D, @i5k, @PUPPYROBLOXGAMES, @Dxntq and myself however I haven’t really done any thumbnail style GFX.

Here is the thumbnail I made

I made a sword fight GFX for @MisterGreenTurtle and @MisterRedTurtle
I hope you all like this render! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

The picture is my favorite because it had great texture and bricks maybe floating in the sky? (:thinking:)

Keep on creating some cool texture pictures! :+1:

3 Likes

Haha. I didn’t make the sky nor did I create the map and swords - I just posed the characters, added some lighting and rendered it.

1 Like

Seems pretty decent, the camera angle is pretty bad though. If the camera was a bit rotated and from a different angle, it’d look a lot more spectacular.

1 Like

I’d say that you should give the character models more dynamic poses. I ADORE that lighting though.

2 Likes

It looks great for a first GFX!

In my opinion, the lighting is great and I like the camera angle. I’m sure if you keep it up you will be able to add small little details to ‘up’ your gfx.

2 Likes

Haha. I wish it was my first. It was my first GFX thumbnail rather than GFX.

1 Like

Yeah - I added poses and then accidentally removed them :frowning:

This looks awesome for a first GFX! I’d recommend moving the camera angle down just a smidge, as well as focusing your characters into the frame a bit more. You want the focus of your image to be your renders so it looks clean! Great job on the lighting :slight_smile:!

3 Likes

Thanks! Isn’t my first GFX rather my first GFX thumbnail, wish I knew how to do stuff like this earlier on.

1 Like

Its good for your first gfx thumbnail! (the green dude has a floating sword)
its quite simple. maybe add a bit more action and post effects.

2 Likes

Yeah I just noticed that. No clue why, it was in his hand in Studio. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! :smiley:

2 Likes

XD. Oops. My mistake. Still looks great!

2 Likes

Thanks! Glad you iked it!..

Looks pretty good! Few notes I’d add are that the swords are in a quite bland and basic position, somewhat weird looking (especially for the guy on the right), but the lighting as everyone has added is phenomenal I’m amazed by a first time GFX render having such amazing lighting! For positioning I’d recommend getting into R15 studio positioning, it gives you a lot more joints to work with - if not you can always use Blender to add bends to R6 OBJ files.

One other thing I’d add is that there is quite a bit of negative space. Are you aware of FOV? What a lot of GFX developers like to do is create the illusion of FOV to make it look more zoomed, detailed, and fill unneeded negative space. If you’re not sure what I’m talking about it can easily be added into studio using an administrative command script or default studio settings. I’d recommend trying that out with the camera angle. Otherwise, I love the background and the render quality is amazing! I hope I get to see more of your work in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe change the characters poses to show movement and action

1 Like

Not bad but it can be improved with some practice. Good work!

Lightning is great, but i would add poses to the characters, since its an sword fight, they should have a battle pose.