Feedback on my first gun mesh made in Blender

Hi, so im new to blender, so I decided to try to make a gun.
Here are some photos:

1 Like

First of all it’s way too big, scale it down a bit.

Secondly it is very basic and 2d like, try using shade smooth or a subdivision surface modifier to make it more smooth. Its decent for a first try though!!! :smiley: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

too big.
needs to have textures.
need to have different parts and better modelled parts. better trigger and handle.
i rate it 4/10, i get that its your first model, but i’m sorta judgin from a professional standpoint

2 Likes

bad build, sorry but here are thing that need to be fixed

• the mesh is to big, make it smaller
  • it looks like you spent two mins on it, as in try spend a little more time
  • its looks like something a beginner would make.

edit: i made less mean

1 Like

You should try and learn how to manipulate meshes/ shapes in blender, because from what I can tell, it just looks like a bunch of shapes scaled to fit together without any other changes, which is very inefficent, and creates a less then desirable product.

Find some tutorials online to start learning how to edit meshes more, and learn the techniques (build yourself up, dont go into a tutorial too complex), as a gun isn’t super hard to model once you know what you’re doing. And, it will help you learn how to make good topology for uv unmapping, when you want to texture.

Just, give yourself some time to get used to blender, then come back and make something, even if its a simple, low poly gun, try and make it clean and as efficient as possible, as you got to start small to build up!

2 Likes

“Imagine giving constuctive crititism, ill just say that he has put no efforts into his build EVEN though its his first build”

3 Likes

Ok I will try make it better next time

1 Like

i know that, i was just being honset

1 Like

If you didnt know i was saying it from a standpoint where that dude is just mocking your work without even considering the effort and wasnt saying that your build was bad

1 Like

Sometimes being honest isn’t always the nicest thing to say. This forum isn’t a place to be toxic and discouraging. Quit trashing their first model.

1 Like

i was not trying to :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Sounds an awful lot like “trashing on their first model” to me, idk man.

ok hold on :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That literally looks like you are trying to be as mean as possible. How does this not qualify as trashing their first model?

1 Like

i just edited it, i know it was mean tho.

i am sorry for the awful comments

1 Like

It’s great for a first in my opinion. Like others have said, I would make it smaller, but not bad for your first model. Keep going man!

3 Likes