Feedback on my first low-poly build

Hello

I have noticed that low-poly builds are getting very popular in those days…
So I decided it was time to make my very first low-poly build!

I made a pretty simple shop. (Everything is made by me, including the decals)
Please let me know if I did something wrong, this is my first time making anything like this.

Here are some pictures:

Click me

Someone requested a link, so here it is:
Low-poly shop - Roblox

Please rate it from 1 to 10 :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I would rate it 6 out of 10 while the build looks pretty nice the bushes look way to bright also the shop sign doesn’t look too great

but overall the rest of the build look’s pretty good especially since it’s your first try.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback! I will try to pick a better color for the bushes.

3 Likes

It look amazing for your first low ploy build, I’d rate it a 8/10

2 Likes

Your shop certainly is in the low-poly style. It could fit into a small town or be a British Village Shop today. The shrubbery or lettuce growing in front I find compliments the building nicely. For a first low-poly build it is very good. Though I would say some decoration is needed such as shelves or tables inside the shop maybe some trees for a natural feel and crates outside to indicate that it receives stock. I give it a 7/10⭐
Hope this helps, au revoir!

4 Likes

Its pretty nice but I think it needs a little bit more detail. This isn’t too bad for you first time trying though.

Here I have a picture of my first low-poly build, which you may of seen on another thread.

I didn’t get too much feedback but I think I did an okay job.

I tried using a reference picture for accuracy to what it should look like. Try looking up “Low Poly Shop,” and I’m sure you will find some pretty great reference points.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

This is very good for a first build, though the bushes are way too bright. Maybe add text to the other side of the sign on the wall so that it says shop on both sides.
I would rate it a 6.5/10

3 Likes

Opinion

Amazing job you done on your low poly shop. I really like that it is unique and that you made a wonderful low ploy. I like that you used your skills and that it’s concept is very simplistic.
But I would say some suggestions would make some feedback towards your low poly shop to give it it’s final touches.

Suggestions:

• Add some detail on the outside.
  • Could possibly Remove one of the Shop signs (If you desire to).

Screenshot%20(32)

I would say for the inside you could possible add some stuff.

I would suggest making your low poly shop slightly more larger.
Overall, you done a amazing low poly shop for doing your first low poly!

Rating:

6.7/10

Good job :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

6 Likes

Can you provide a link? the pictures are pretty distant, and I notice things better ingame. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is pretty solid, probably a 7/10. For the bench If you rotate the boards a little bit it sometimes looks better as well, just adds some diversity rather than all 90 degree angles.

2 Likes

5/10
Really great for a first time low poly build though!
I feel like the bushes could be revamped a little bit to look more natural and just jut overly green, as it doesn’t really match with the design and theme of the build.
Try adding a bit of reflection to the glass and try to add a quick frame to it, so it doesn’t look uneasy.
But great job for a first time build!

6/10. Not bad for the first build. Taking advice from very nice low-poly builders, like ArcticCitadel, I’d recommend adding long planks of wood on the sides of the building (don’t make the planks stick out too much), with a darker tone of colour. This will add more onto the low-poly and aesthetic look.

I recommend you go through some works of low-poly builders. Check out there images of their builds, or if it’s available, try out their showcase games.

Overall, good job :grin:

I’d have to rate your build a 7/10.
I noticed that you don’t have a door, that’s okay but in my opinion I think if you add a simple glass door that would resemble an open door.
Your also lacking some detail, for example:

• More vegetation
  • Lights
  • More benches
    Then you can also add simple details inside like shelfs, etc.
    Overall you’ve done a great job.
1 Like

I actually really like it. I agree with Funk with the rating of 6/10. For starters, the “shop” text seems a little too bold for the style. Low poly is actually really easy once you get the hang of it. For it being your first, it’s a really really good start. God, if I had my first low poly on hand, I’d show it. Good job though!

1 Like

Did some changes, here is a list:

• Changed the bush color to a less bright one

• Rotated higher part of the bench

• Added the “Shop” text on both sides of the sign

• There are two shelves inside of the shop

• Someone requested a link to tthe place, so I added that in

Still have to figure out if the shop needs a door tho.

2 Likes

For something fairly simple to start out with when doing low poly builds, that’s pretty good for your first time. I’d rate it an 8/10!

1 Like

It is very good, I would suggest adding some details to the walls like some bricks like you see on most games.

1 Like