Feedback on my First Low Poly Map

Hello! I’m new to Low Poly Terrain…

This is my first Low Poly Map. It took me about 2 hours only.

I’ll be grateful for your Feedbacks!

11 Likes

It looks really nice! Although the trees look really odd to me. Good work!

2 Likes

It’s nice how you used different types of trees to make the map look more interesting. Nice job!

1 Like

I like the floating island look. :smiley:

Everything looks good but the waterfall texture kinda looks a little off and the pine trees seem to be a stack of triangles.

1 Like

Everything looks good to me! I like the terrain style. The pine tree could have some different sized leaves and the color palette could have a different green instead of that bright green.
Other than that I like it!

Good work mate, I can see you are new to 3D modelling though. I like the vibe this island gives off, and I can definitely see it in a real ROBLOX game.

Some tips:

1. Include more vegetation: grass, tree stumps, etc.
  2. Try and add more color variation and research color theory.
  3. Try adding a curve to the bridge to make it more natural.
  4. Try making the vegetation slightly thicker on the hillsides to make the interior feel more secluded and interesting.
  5. Play with lighting and color correction effects like Saturation, Ambiance, brightness, etc.

You are definitely on the right track. Keep learning brother!

2 Likes

Looks great. I’d change the color to be a lighter tone. Also, default lighting could be changed. All in all, that’s incredibly good for your first map. My first was a half-tenderer fence.

:slight_smile:

Love the terrain but you need some work on the trees

I genuinely really love what you did with the terrain portion of the map! The style of it is really appealing to the eye and there seems to be just enough going on in the map for it to really stand out!

Although, the evergreen trees you made do look a little bit stiff and very straight! If it helps, you should try to have the leaves vary in size and/or bend the trunk a little bit so it looks a bit more funky but cool at the same time!
You can to use these or other photos of some trees I made for reference if it helps!

Reference(s)

Again, really love the work you did, I can’t wait to see what else you post!

That’s a very good start! As mentioned earlier, try making trees more wavy. It will make them more alive.

Also, in my humble opinion, try making colors more soft. But maybe it’s just me.

The terrain looks good for a low poly map. The only thing I dislike would be the odd trees. The ones with the cylinders are good but however, the other ones have the same shape basically duplicated 4 times. I would suggest making each little tree leaf part taller and smaller as they go on.