Feedback on my first plugin

Hi, I’ve recently done a bit of scripting and I’ve created my first ever plugin that helps to save you time coding by allowing users to easily:

• Disable Chat, Leaderboard, Emotes, Backpack and the Health Bar
  • Disable the toggle for Shift Lock Switch
  • Disable the Reset Character button in the Roblox Menu

I’d like to know what people would think about the plugin. I should mention that this does not have a graphical user interface and the icons for the toolbar buttons currently are placeholders. The plugin is called DisableCoreGUIFunctions and can be found via this link: https://www.roblox.com/catalog/5856823549/Disable-Roblox-CoreGUI-Functions

If you do want to support me, I will be making a donation centre soon :smiley:

DisableRobloxCoreGUIFunctionsPluginIcon

7 Likes

Very cool! However maybe make the button to toggle it just a tiny bit smaller? We can recognize a plugin by simply a logo

1 Like

The thing is, all the buttons are using a placeholder icon and even when I do have a proper icon, I will still keep the text below as it generally makes stuff much easier for developers to read and understand.

1 Like

This is great, but you can disable the toggle for shift lock in the in-game settings.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve never seen that before! Well anyways it will still be largely helpful for developers.

I thought that was good to when I made my first plugin. However I realized after I surveyed the UX from a data sample of 5 people on my discord server they all said the text isn’t necessary.

You should definitely decrease the amount of buttons of the plugin

Do you know how to make a widget using DockWidgetGuiInfo.new()?

To be honest I wouldn’t use this because of the amount of buttons on top

3 Likes

Yes I think the best solution would be creating widgets and just 1 button

1 Like

I am working on a version with a GUI but ideally I want to make it paid and I can’t make it paid currently (this would be a pro version). For me, it just shows a button which opens a dropdown, guessing it’s because I have a 1366x768 screen.

Yes, I think buttons are problems, I would do 1 single button, when you click on it a GUI is tweened with the other options. Anyway good work, good luck!

1 Like

I don’t think it matters. You could use scale the guis

I will make a fast plugin to show you the Idea, give me some minutes!

1 Like

You can see how it will be with our screens by getting not your computers aspect ratio but the viewport. Requires a bit of coding to figure out but message me if you want the explanation.

1 Like

I’ll give you guys a preview of the Pro version, not sure how I’m going to stop duplicate scripts but I’ll end up figuring it out to make a decent GUI system. I’ve not quite got all the features in the standard plugin yet as it’s harder to code with a GUI system.

You can use ui list layout so it doesnt become really stretched with white space on 4k

I’ve put the background as 1,0,1,0 in the size settings anyways. I’ve also told the buttons to be 1,0 wide as well.

Yes but like a square with 1,0,1,0 looks like a rectangle at 4k without constraints

Idk what you mean, I’ll give you a beta version of the pro version just so you understand me.

Disable CoreGUI Functions Pro.rbxmx (38.9 KB)

My computer cant run rbxmx (30)

1 Like

What do you mean? Try putting the file into C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Roblox\Plugins