Feedback on my first (second) gfx (for my beat saber game)

EDIT2: I did eventually fix it up a bit:

EDIT: So I decided to redo this with some of the feedback I got. I didn’t add a bg cuz the other stuff took a long time. I changed the pose and motion to look a lot better. I made the color scheme actually fit the game (as well as the character). Most importantly though, I actually used blender (for the first time) when making this. It did take me forever but I’m happy with the end result.

There are a few things like adding an actual background and game logo that I would’ve liked to do. I’ll probably come back to this eventually. This is only my second gfx so I am still looking for feedback/constructive criticism. Thanks and let me know what I can improve! :​)

​​
ORIGNAL POST:

This is my first time doing anything gfx related and I need feedback. I’m not entirely happy with how it came out and just need to know how or what to improve. Thanks in advance! :​)

The Game Icon itself is for a beat saber game I’m working on. Like I said, the gfx is not the best. (I didn’t add text as I was focusing on the image (totally didnt just forget).

9 Likes

Looks okay… What are those red half block things? Why are the bees colorfull, what is that drill tool thing on the NPC’s back?

1 Like

not bad at all but it lacks some glow and details as the cubes are just literal cubes there is reflectance glow anything and the character that you used is also not good at all. Maybe use some default roblox characters like the noob. or something similar.

1 Like

ever played BEAT SABER its uhh just some cubes that come to your face and you gotta use your saber to K.O them.

That’s what I am saying! The character usage is crap.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks for the feedback! I’ll admit I kinda just found an avatar on roblox and through it into studio. The thing on the back is an accessory that the character had.

The theming needs work, the avatar I picked just doesnt fit the beat saber vibe. And the sliced note needs more character. (glow and whatnot)

This has been great insight. Thanks :​)

1 Like

no problem just saying what i think of it.

2 Likes

The character’s position looks very plain and simple, and boring.
If you look at Beat Saber’s ads, you can see it has a lot of energy in it.

2 Likes

I did a redo with the criticism received. Lmk what you think. :​)

1 Like

Better, but a background would be nice. Also, some of the limbs seem misplaced, and the top sliced block looks strange…

2 Likes

The top note note looks strange because of it’s reflection. As for the limbs, I definitely could have done better placing them. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I realized I forgot to update this post. The day after I made the character model, I did go back and fix it a bit and add a logo and a bg. You can still give critisicm but this is most likely the final version.