Feedback on my first shirts please?

Hi all!

I’ve recently gotten into clothing design, the last time I made a shirt on ROBLOX was many, many years ago.

These are my first shirts that I’ve made for my group:

Does anyone have any feedback? I’d love to hear your thoughts and any potential improvements please!

Thank you c:

10 Likes

it looks really EPIC! in opinion you are very Talented. :palm_tree:

1 Like

Keep up the good work.They all look Amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks really great! Keep it up!

1 Like

it turned out very cool and beautiful, you can see that the T-shirt was made by a professional

1 Like

That’s so kind of you!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate that :'D

Everything is perfect besides the logo on the shirt. It looks like it was just put on their. I’d suggest shading it a little, so it looks like it belongs there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is white on the outline ogf text and logo + the shirt is plain and needs shading

The white outline is a part of the logo and is supposed to be there :slight_smile: There is also some shading on there although it may be hard to see on some screens due to the darker colours. Thank you for your feedback though!

1 Like

Shading is cool, maybe add highlights?

1 Like

there is shading, but you need more shading like creases, folds,

like that shading template (google

2 Likes

I do agree with Ice, the shading is very bland as of right now. As far as I could tell, you mostly relied on box shading. Box shading is heavily used by clothing designers but it’s often accompanied by wrinkle shading. Box shading is simply shading the outlines of the piece of clothing, wrinkle shading adds more dynamic to the clothing. For more on wrinkle shading, you could find dozens of tutorials on DevForums and YouTube as well.

Overall, I see a lot of potential in you. The shading may need a little more work but for one of your first shirts in a long time, it’s pretty impressive. I love the collar, even as experienced as I am I still have trouble with collars so being able to make a collar on your first try is very impressive! I hope continue your journey in clothing design.

1 Like

Yes, but you should try to develop your own shading style instead of relying on a template. Shading templates most often provide inaccurate shading because every piece of clothing has different wrinkles. Besides, most of the shading templates I’ve seen only provide the shadows, not the highlights so that’s a disaster waiting to happen.

2 Likes

still, he’s just a beginner, like me. it’s definitely what I would do

Isn’t that shading template stolen…

1 Like

it’s just a free google image, i don’t know what you mean

Some assets from roblox could’ve been made by someone and then re uploaded on google without the original creators knowledge. Stolen.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this feedback - it is very detailed and helpful :slight_smile: I really appreciate it

1 Like