Feedback on my first terrain island

Hi! I just made an island, and it would be nice if I got some feedback! This is one of my first projects, so please keep that in mind when you reply, please.

I used a few YT tutorials, and I understood them pretty quickly. I didn’t use any plugins, and the lighting technology is shadowmap, for anyone who wants to know!

Thanks! Play the game here:

11 Likes

I’m not that experienced with building terrains so my feedback probably won’t be as accurate but

1. Make the rocks on the right side of the river bigger so it looks more realistic because it looks the water can easily just escape (depends on how you view it) I know water can’t probably move to other places

2. The water does seem to be a bit blocky, I suggest you try going for a smoothish type? So the water has a nice flow! :+1:

3. As the person below me said “add more variety in the trees”, I agree! More variety in the trees could make it stand out more like an earthy terrain

This being your first terrain creation, I must say… You did a Fabulous job! :smiley: Keep up the good work :v:

4 Likes

Wow, amazing terrain creation! I like your use of shadows, lighting, and terrain combinations. The water does look a bit blocky, though. Try making it flow more smoothly. Another thing you could do is add more variety in the trees. Other than that, great work! Looking forward to seeing more terrain work from you. :happy2:

2 Likes

Thanks from both of you! I will definitely take this feedback into account and do something new!

1 Like

That looks really good! Here are my 2 suggestions:

1. The water is a bit bumpy in some areas (in the left side of the first two pictures). Try smoothing it out.

2. There aren’t enough trees. You could add some more trees of different sizes, and maybe even a few bushes as well.

But it looks great, your terrain is very detailed and the lighting is nice!

1 Like

This is beautiful, and I hope this is put to use!

1 Like

I dont build terrains but that looks amazing! It is so realistic and I really like the river and the trees. Did you publish the game? I want to check it out!

1 Like

Amazing! (I’m not good a builder or GFX creator) I do think that the water and rock edges are a bit to rugged, and maybe add some lighting to SOME of the trees so their more visible. Other thank that its fabulous and keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a very nice island. Although, there are some dips in the water and spikes in volume. But as a first, you did extremely well!

1 Like

Thanks from all of you. This feedback will help me help me greatly on my next project.

I just published the place. Here is the game link.

1 Like

I didn’t make any GFX. I just took screenshots from Studio.

I forgot to take that out, at first I thought it was GFX but then realized it was a build.

Looks pretty nice but maybe can you try to make the water “smoother” so there isnt a blocky vibe there.

1 Like